getting rid of the console window? (newbie)

(emaayan) #1

hi all…
blender version 2.45
i’m just starting out in blender, don’t know anything about 3d rendering, (aside from watching go on movies) and i’ve downloaded it (
and orderd 4 books from amazon 2 on python 2 on blender
Introducing Character Animation with Blender
The Essential Blender: Guide to 3D Creation with the Open Source Suite Blender
Learning Python
Programming Python
)
btw i’m a java programmer by nature. (as well as some dotnet) so OO not new to me.
first thing first, how do i get rid of that annoying console window says complied with python version 2.5 ??
in java when you start a swing (GUI) based application with java.exe [Main Class to start ] you get a console window, and then the application itself ,but you can also start it with javaw.exe which was intended for this pourpuse, is that such a thing (or a swtich command line?) i really hate superflous windows on my task bar
about the mouse i have a simpe microsoft mouse, and i’m left handed so is there a optimal mouse for blender (will prefer wired one becouse it’s lighter)
also started to read Noob to Pro/Beginning, is updated for current version?
also is there a reason why selection is make with right mouse button, as i said i’m left handed, so i’m tempeted to change it, don’t know if it will be ok.
i also tried using the the lamp and for the life of me i cannot seem to figure how it’s rotation (pressing r) works, i usually just select it and press r and thing goes wild, does it matter where to i press r? are there other key combos?

0 Likes

(garuhhh) #2

first thing first, how do i get rid of that annoying console window says complied with python version 2.5 ??
as far as i know, you can’t turn that off. Though in linux, that’s not there. (i’m assuming you’re using windows)

also is there a reason why selection is make with right mouse button

default is that way, and the leftmouse button is used to move the 3D cursor (which is a good help for snapping) but it can be changed in the preferences window, view&controls section (look for the “select with” option). it was a bit awkward at first also for me to select using the rightmouse, but i got used to it. :smiley: i guess that also goes for majority of users.

does it matter where to i press r? are there other key combos?

by pressing R, you rotate the object based on the current 3Dview, you can also try pressing RX, that will rotate the object on the X axis, RY, rotate on the Y axis, RZ rotate on the Z axis… but i guess you can find more of those on tutorials that you can find regarding UI.

0 Likes