getting the shape widget wizard to work

In Windows XP SP2 the Shape Widget Wizard script won’t work.
It exits with this message of error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 906, in draw
File “<string>”, line 647, in drawWidget
File “<string>”, line 623, in shapeMenuText
NameError: global name ‘n’ is not defined

Do others have the same error?
Is there an updated version available?

Thanks.

Jean

How come there hasn’t been any reply? Or complaints for that matter?
Aren’t there crowds of animators out there who use this blessed script?

Anyway, thanks to JMS, the many errors introduced in the script have been corrected and a right version is in the CVS.

Jean

we had enough RC’s (3 or so) for people to test the script bundle, very few people went and tested the scripts. it would be nice for 2.44 if people other then blender developers tested the scripts.

Its hard to update parts of the API and know all scripts will work with it, even if you test the script, you may not test every aspect of it.

In fact, a lot of time was lost on a script that worked correctly.
:frowning:

:no:

Very few actual testers lost time on that issue, but thanks for bringing it up.

Martin

Look, the point of my post wasn’t to get a recrimination thread going (again).
The point is not to spread blame but to get a good script back on its feet.
So I am going to propose a solution : there must be some repository where healthy script go to get picked up when their sickly brothers fall into the hands of unsuspecting users ? This place must not be the CVS for the next version: who’s going to find it there?
If no repository of the sort exist I’ll make one: just tell me.

R.S.V.P.

Look, the point of my post wasn’t to get a recrimination thread going (again).

The point to get a good script back on its feet.
So I am going to propose a solution : there must be some repository where healthy script go to get picked up and replace their sickly brothers? This place must not be the CVS for the next version: who’s going to find it there?
If no such repository exist I’ll make one: just tell me.

R.S.V.P.
Jean

As there are API changes between Blender releases, the scripts in Blenders CVS need to be up to date with Blenders Python API.
Not just the api breaking, but bugs are fixed that allow scripts to function as expected.

We may have a script repositry outside the CVS, or even move scripts to their own CVS, but it wont fix the problem of needing CVS Blender in many cases…

Having scripts by themself works well with standalone scripts.
When somebody has to update dependencies them self, they end up not being able to get things working because understandably they don’t think to check for changes in the dependencies (This happens now)

Users can download testing builds between releases, and testing scripts in an RC is not so hard.
so for the moment, Id prefer people test the scripts from a CVS Build.

I just tried to use that same script on a wee project I started, and to my surprise one of my favourite scripts didn’t work anymore :frowning:

I’m using the the official 2.43 build. Any news on whether anyone has an updated fixed version of this invaluable script?