Ghost Frames - Onion Skinning Tool

Works fine for me in 2.77(not saying 2.77a here, because that’s broken with like everything under the sun for me).

I’m using the latest builds with all the updates, that’s sad, no worries, I’ll find a friend to help out upgrading it with your permission.

Don’t need my permission :wink: It is GPL, after all. If he wants to fork it or make a pull request to my repository, I’ll be more than happy to merge it.

Great man, thanks!!

I’ve never forked or pulled yet, lol. Since Looch asked permission and I see the GPL I will take a look at it! I have been working on a all in one Animator’s Toolbox Add-on and would love to add this. I’ll let you know if and when I fix it haha.

1 Like

I actually noticed your animator’s toolbox thread; I have a few more addons in my repository that I made specifically to speed up my animation workflow, namely the Timeline Key mover and the quick tools. Those may or may not be of interest to you, but they both helped me a lot.

we’ll check them out and include what we find necessary!

Download link broken. Can this be updated?

It looks like Joel removed it. It might be broken, but here is my copy.
GhostFrames.py (10.4 KB)

1 Like

@ ohsnapitsjoel the link is broken and this is a really powerful needed script. Could I download it somewhere?
Thanks!

Thanks a lot, mate.

EDIT: Sorry, I seem to be having issues.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

1 Like

i have the same problem!

Assuming you downloaded file from @thedaemon post above. See if renaming the py file from “GhostFrames.py” to “ghost_frames.py” does anything.

hi
is there any chance to have this addon in 2.8

I didn’t write this add-on, but I converted it to run in Blender 2.81. It appears to work fine with both Cycles and EEVEE. It should also work in Blender 2.80, though I didn’t try it there.

Enjoy!

ghost_frames.py (10.5 KB)

EDIT: Here is a slightly more cleaned up version. The previous link causes some harmless warning messages to show when you launch Blender; I’ve addressed those warning messages in this version so they no longer appear:

ghost_frames.py (10.5 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks for updating this. It came at the best time for me

1 Like

First, thank you very much for putting your time converting it to run with 2.8
Second, there is some error that appears whenever I hit the “ghost frames” button. Here is the screenshot of the error.

Thank you very much and happy new year :slight_smile:

My guess is that you didn’t set the Ghost Frames Path in Blender Preferences → Add-ons → Animation: Ghost Frames:

1 Like

Thank you so much, bro, it worked!! My issue is that I didn’t even set it up as an add-on, I was just dragging and dropping the code in the text editor and running the script.

Thank you so much :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

No problem – glad to hear you got it working!

1 Like