ghost_IK (virtual Inverse Kinematics bone/physic bone IK/C++)

the two ik and tri ik is still in devoloping and is not workable yet.(I almost rewite the algorithm ,still in experiment)
I just improve the spline ik and dynamic ik in this update.

yes my ik system also has physics-like movements ,and it’s completly physics-cloth base algorithm. treat bones as cloth vertices to simulate. I will add collision feature to it in the future.

2 Likes

Oh, man, that’s awesome! This would’ve saved so much time of R&D on a recent project I worked on. It was literally creating a system for skirts that use the cloth-sim but translate the vertex movements to the deforming bones (to export to Unity). This system, while it was nice, was a bit of a nightmare to work with. Your add-on would’ve been a lifesaver, haha.

And the collision feature is a HUGE plus. I used the Jiggle Armature to, for instance, simulate hair, but a huge problem was the lack of collision.

I can’t tell from the examples you’ve shown, but does your dynamic IK have the ability to control stiffness of bones to do movements such as this?

1 Like

yes,ghost - ik can set every parameter just like cloth setting including stiffness/gravity and so on. it’s completlly physical, but not just simply rotate the bone.

6 Likes

Very cool! I tried downloading and messing around with with the dynamic-ik.blend. Is there a way to control stiffness in the current version? I wanted to see if I could get similar behavior to the Jiggle Armature behavior, but the only thing I could find to affect is gravity.

every bone has it’s own twist value and bend value .this two parameters define the stiffness.
to modify the value of twist and bend value,you must select the bone, if you select more than one bone,the change of setting will apply to all the selected bones.

2 Likes

great addon, if only I can get it working :slight_smile:
anyone know how to enable the addon? I install the zip file, when click enable. I got the following error:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\green Programs\blender-2.79\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK_init_.py”, line 13, in
from .operator_twist import *
File “C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK\operator_twist.py”, line 20, in
exec(“import “+文件夹此ghost+”.global_var as G”);#√
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK\global_var.py”, line 8, in
exec(“import “+文件夹此ghost+”.语言 as 语”);#√
File “”, line 1, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘IMDJS_ghost_IK.语言’

"

I have fixed this error and re-upload again.
IMDJS_ghost_IK20190202.zip (318.5 KB)

Nice, I was able to get pretty much the behavior I wanted by dialing the twist up to about .35 and having bend around .75. Really cool!

One other thing that would be nice is elasticity control, the overall bounciness. Is that also possible to do?

the next update I will add the bouncing control.

5 Likes

That’s fantastic, looking forward to seeing this add-on develop. It would be awesome to eventually see your work integrated as part of Blender’s official bone system as it would be super useful. Keep up the great work!

Thank You so much, Guang Liang Chen!!!
So amazing, i have no words - dreams come true !!!
It’s just fantastic baby of human genius :slight_smile:

latest 2.79 blender build do not work - many errors
it’s worked perfectly only with slightly older 2.79 version (2.79b-windows64 from 22-Mar-2018), and only ‘spline-ik’ and ‘dynamic-ik’.

Nice addon! I wonder if it could be used for temporary pin bones (in space or to some other bones maybe) I think it would be a useful feature currently missing in blender… or at least i haven’t found it.
I would use it to edit mocap mostly… fix feet on ground, fix hand on weapon etc…

Temporary pinning for this type of auto-ik is something that I really wish was standard.

I will move this addons to blender2.8 ,and maybe no more suport older version ,because 2.8 is quite different from 2.7.
the pin feature will be added for sure,but first I will add the bone collision to the dynamic IK, which I am doing now.

the newest test for two ik interact with spline ik in blender2.8(new version not upload yet need more test)

11 Likes

I cant get the 2 and 3 link ik to work

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK_init_.py”, line 91, in invoke
G.dllGHO.ΔinitIK属性1次(G.cvpC,G.cvpA ,True);
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

spline and dynamic works fine though.

launching as admin didnt help. Im running 2.79b.

would be cool if you could get that to work, would really like to test out your addon, thanks

This is the ghost-ik(for blender2.8 not yet release still in W.I.P) development status:
1):improve the dynamic ik make it more physical and real
2):add bouncing parameter
you can simulate coth\ softbody

this addon has about 10000 line codes now(without collision) if I add the collision it will be more than 10000 line codes, mainly using C++ as the main calculation part in real-time perfomance:

9 Likes

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tremendous job, it’s looking fantastic! Looking forward to the collision detection!

1 Like

Insanity. Good insanity :slight_smile:

1 Like