ghost_IK (virtual Inverse Kinematics bone/physic bone IK/C++)

just wondering - is it windows only? I find some cpp files inside - can s.o. guide me (if possible) to compile it for linux?

can freeik simulate cloth like this?
it has collision also. others physic bone addons has no collision yet.
I implement the whole physic engine using C++ completly, no need any constraint or modifiers that other addons usually use to fake the physic behavior.
布料新建

5 Likes

it’s windows only ,no linux version for plan yet.

nope it doesn’t have cloth bone simulation but i see you can move a single bone like in your addon to move the entire bone chain, pretty much the same way…

yes it’s not only can move the bone,it can twist bones by falloff also,but this just one of my features i call this ik (spline-ik),and I implement it don’t need any constraint only C++ can do that, other addons need to add constraint modifiers for every bone to do that.just like you do that without addons by adding constraint.since they are written with pythons
you can see it’s pure bones no any constraint modifiers are needed

and freeik can’t do this function i call it (two ik) ,

why you don’t try the two addons and then compare of them?

5 Likes

no i dont thinking in buying it, because yours seems more useful. i think…

1 Like

updated ?
please, bone black parent to bone blue ? but not Working?

thanks

I know what’s this function about,I need some times to design the mathod of spline ik interacting with two ik.

5 Likes

I have been playing around with this and it’s incredible, thank you for your work.

I have no issues when using ghost ik on a freshly created bone chain, however when I try to use it on some tail bones on an already made character that uses an Auto Rig Pro armature, I don’t seem to be able to apply the settings to the bones. I have tried removing all constraints from the bones before using the addon to no avail. https://blendermarket.com/products/auto-rig-pro?ref=46

1 Like

马尾 ghost ik
at present the physical bone must be Quaternion mode.but the next version will remove this limit.
also will add wind feature.

9 Likes

Do you think the you will release the C++ code opensource at some point?
then I would also like to contribute. Im on Linux and im sure MacOS user would like to have this as well if opensource…

I use unicode to writte the codes,only can be compiled with VC compiler. I dont know what compiler in linux OS can support unicode,if I did ,I will try to release the linux version.

5 Likes

If you have a file ,I could run a test n see.
I think GCC or Clang should be able to handle it.

3.0 Alpha?

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\MamounO\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK\OP.py”, line 230, in execute
Gik.dll.凸SetType(None,None,None,Gik.cvpC,int(self.epIkType),True);
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000008

add the angle limitation for spline ik.
add pin for two ik.

限制
re-upload

ik example.blend (1.2 MB)

2 Likes

blender 3.0 A 09-06-2021

File “C:\Users\MamounO\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK\OP.py”, line 238, in execute
if(Gik.dll.b凸SetType(None,None,None,Gik.cvpC,int(self.epIkType),True)==False):
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000001450

Thanks

re upload
IMDJS_ghost_IK(20210610 bl3.0+}.zip (740.9 KB)

ik example.blend (1.3 MB)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1z44y167dt

2 Likes

2.93 is half good and 3.0 is not good

File “C:\Users\MamounO\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\IMDJS_ghost_IK\OP.py”, line 407, in execute
if(Gik.dll.b凸SetType(None,None,None,Gik.cvpC,int(self.epIkType),True)==False):
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000001450

Thanks