gimp 2.0 released

The GIMP developers are proud to release version 2.0 of the GIMP, the leading free software tool for image manipulation. :stuck_out_tongue:

This release is a major event, marking the end of a three year development cycle by a group of volunteers and enthusiasts who have made this the most professional release of the GIMP ever. It is the first stable release that is officially supported not only on Unix-based operating systems, but also on Microsoft Windows and Macintosh OS X.

Woohoo!! Downloading now!

DUDE!!! DUDE!!! ::runs over to GIMP website::

The ox has used gimp from the early days. He has waited patiently. He carefully downloads the gimp 2.0 as one would pick a delicate flower!

crashes on my windows XP machine, so unfortunatly i cannot use it.

Alltaken

anyone else have problams opening .tga files?

do you mean this error? xmlparse.dll

cause i got it too on xp too bad it was a good release.

Does anyone have the inside scoop on when this final release will be available for OS X ?

Works on XP for me… Install the runtime environment maybe?

I really like the interface improvement, having so many windows was really annoying.

Thanks for alerting me to the release, I’ve been looking forward to this for a while.

do you mean this error? xmlparse.dll

cause i got it too on xp too bad it was a good release.[/quote]

Run a search on xmlparse.dll and you will notice that at least two versions exists: one under GTK and another under system32.
I made Gimp run by removing xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll from system32. Remember to back them up in case you should run into problems with other apps!

It is out but boy is it bugy tricky. The windows have to take a double click to activate and the filter boxes show up only after you activate a filter twice.

!

It is out but boy is it bugy tricky. The windows have to take a double click to activate and the filter boxes show up only after you activate a filter twice.

![/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been using the pre3 version from Darwinports for a while now and I don’t think it suffers from the bugs you have mentioned. I’ll stick with that version for the time being.

btw, where did you grab the final verion? Did you compile yourself?

windows build for download:
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html

Can we say: switch to linux…

%|

:stuck_out_tongue:

unfortunately I was unable to compile it with my SuSE install, it couldn’t configure

but that was before it came from pre-2.0

it is nice, but the windows (debug) build I have is really slow

improvement, yes, stunning, no

no i get this error not the xml one

(gimp-2.0.exe:1416): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gconvert.c: line 498 (g_convert): as
sertion `str != NULL' failed

i have no idea what it means

Alltaken

Thats the same one I get, Alltaken :frowning:

Ken

Mine works great… and all theose petty little annoying things from the old Gimp are gone. Lovin’ life here.

Get the development pre-2.0 build for windows, there is a bug in the “stable” 2.0 that has been fixed, but hasn’t been added into that installer yet.

I cannot open use any font in Gimp 2. Any time i try, it gives me several error with the following template:

<gimp-2.0.exe: 2988>: warning ** unable to load inicode charmap from font file c:\windows\fonts\foo.TTf

<gimp-2.0.exe: 2988>: warning ** unable to open font file C:\windows\fonts\foo.TT for font foo falling back on C:\windows\fonts\aladin_.ttf.

I use XP. I have tried installing GTK without GTK-Wimp without success.

I’ll apreciate a solution please because this version really looks great and I to explore it.