Gimp Batch Script

I remember that WAY back when OOM came out, garbager said that he post processed all of the frames in the movie with the Gimp using a script. This sort of thing would be extremely nice to have, I realized, and recently began to look for the script. Unable to find a script or plug-in like it, I have come here to ask if anyone has heard of such a thing and where I might get it. The script (from what I remember) would do the following as an example:

1. Make a copy of the Background
  2. Set the new layer’s opacity to 32
  3. Apply a 5.5 pixle gaussian blur to the new layer
  4. Save the new image as initialImageNameNEW.jpg
  5. Process next frame in list

This sort of thing could be used to do all sorts of neat things like color correction to videos that have been broken down into frames.

Thanks a ton.

dante

the gimp does have animation features which can apply filters to all frames in a (numbered) sequence

notice on the menu, the video item…

look in the gimp user manual
http://manual.gimp.org/

for the section on it

you can do most of that, perhaps not the renamining part, but why not move all frames to another directory?

I’m afraid that I dont see a “video item” on the interface. The one in the manual is for something entirely different and doesn’t seem to be included in gimp for windows.

could you be a little more specific as to what I need to be looking for and where?

thanks

dante

I’m using gimp2 on windozeXP (dont hurt me!)

in the menu, open the first frame, there is a video submenu

/me starts his gimp 2 pre debug build for windows

hrm, it is not there

okay, well any, on the right-click menu of the image window on my gimp 1.2 (windows and linux) builds at home there is a video menu (just about at the bottom)

the features contained in it are explained pretty well in one of the appendicies of the gimp user manual, look at it

Are you sure that you have also installed gimp-GAP with gimp 2.0???

I’m not sure, but I think that all those video editing capabilities are in this plugin, so you need to install it as well…

Yes, I posted earlier in this exact forum asking if anyone had a GAP windows build that I could use but got no reponses.

If anyone DOES have one, I would appreciate it.

dante

All I know is that unfortunately, gimp-GAP comes only as source code, which means that you have to build it yourself… I don’t know how difficult it would be to build it on windows (haven’t tried it…), but I did it on linux and I can say it compiled rather easilly and with out any problems… The only additional “thing” I had to install was actually wavplay…

I recall you had installed linux on your p.c…

Why don’t you try the linux version???

Ohh!!! One more thing…

The script (from what I remember) would do the following as an example:

1. Make a copy of the Background
  2. Set the new layer’s opacity to 32
  3. Apply a 5.5 pixle gaussian blur to the new layer
  4. Save the new image as initialImageNameNEW.jpg
  5. Process next frame in list

I don’t know if this script exists, but you could go at gimp.org and have a look at the script-fu rrepository…

Even if it doesn’t exist, gimp can be easilly “programed” to do such tasks, provided that you can code in script-fu, Perl, or even Python…