GIMP - Help plz basics

I have donloaded GIMP version 2.6.8, but it does not have the features for “normal maps” under “Filters”.
How where and what version should i be downloading to be able to create normal maps in GIMP

It is a plug-in:-
http://registry.gimp.org/node/69

If you are running a linux operating system you might also want to search the repositories for Gimp as it may well be available there too, along with some other useful tools.

do tell how they work out. Ifollowed that tut, what i thought, to the letter 3 or 4 times with no luck. just curious if another noob can figure it out.

Thankyou Organic,
and ill get back to you soon cvframer

Kiss gently, normal closed lips kissing, and close your eyes. Closing your eyes increases the sensations you feel, and also sets the mood.
Continue kissing gently. Get comfortable with simple closed lips, lip-to-lip kissing before going anywhere else.If fine till here, tentatively, slowly and lightly draw your tongue across the other person’s lips. Chances are from here, if the other person lightly parts his tongue, slowly explore the other person’s tongue in a light licking motion.