Girl WIP

Very very nice! I like the change in the clothes but I just think that the expression is too neutral, and the hand… those fingers look like sticks. remember that the first phalange is the longest, then the second one and the third is the shortest.

Thanks Tonatiuh :smiley:
I’ve shortened the fingers and played around with the expression, pose, and clothes some more…(apologies for the noisiness!)
I’m trying to get particles to follow a curvy shape, but it’s just a mess right now :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the pose is by far the weakest part of the image. I think you struggled for a dynamic pose, but didn’t achieve it. Currently she’s very stiff, especially the upper body, the arms look shortened and squeezed against the body which makes them look almost crippled, the silhuette is not clear, legs look like moving while upper part looks too static, no line of action. It’s not clear if she’s floating magically in the air or if she just stumbled.
Maybe these articles about posing would help. It’s for animators and quite general, so not everything applies to your character, but I think you could extract some ideas and inspiration. In this case I would especially pay attention to line of action and silhuette.

The model, the render, colors, all is very good, don’t destroy it with a bad pose.

Why don’t you make the particles in post? Would be much easier to get them into the right shape.
If you make a nice curvy line of action in the character pose, you can then extend that line by the particle curve :slight_smile:

The back leg is much thinner than the front leg, which is due to perspecitve I guess, but looks very strange.

Clothes are now much better than in the beginning.

Thanks a lot for the feedback ania! Yes…the pose is awkward right now, but I’ll take a look at those articles and give it another shot :smiley:

I ended up redoing the pose and colours completely~ Maybe it’s her first time flying? :smiley: Hopefully her pose less stiff and weird…
Unfortunately I forgot to disable the sparks layer when I rendered. I still gotta clean that up and finish her broom.

some how face look quite boyish, very good work though like the outfit. But over all, harry potter in drag? sorry haha jk…

AHAHAHAHAHA :smiley: maybe it’s the thick eyebrows? Hmmm…I’ll see what I can do to fix her face~

More tweaking~ Hopefully she looks less like a cross-dresser :stuck_out_tongue:

Almost there…just gonna tweak some things and finish up soon~