GladOS Reigns Supreme

After the Wheatley model got some good comments on the forum, i thought i’d go for the big mama and model GladOS. Just finished the modeling portion a couple of minutes ago, now I need to add materials and textures. Eventually going to rig her, but that’s going to be quite a challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

As always, let me know what you think and feel free to critique :slight_smile:

I love it :slight_smile:

I can’t help but hear her voice whenever I see her. :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work, it’s looking great so far!

~TBL

Awsome!
Makes me wanna play the game again :smiley:
I’m going on youtube and listen to GlaDos sing in the final credits right now :slight_smile:

When will the materials be in?

They’re in right now.

http://cgcnetwork.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com/blender/files/2012/02/GladOS-Mats-956x537.png

Turn reflections up, but other than that, looking good. As for rigging, that will be fun.=P

There should be more cables going into glados

Turn reflections up, but other than that, looking good

Just a tiny bit since Glados is an old machine. Model needs dirt and scratches

I want to upload the model and rig to blend swap before i texture it with CGTexture’s images. I could upload it to blendswap with textures if i could find a texture site that allows distribution, know of any sites?

make the textures yourself in gimp or photoshop
get some dirt brushes from deviantart http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/gimpbrushes/?qh=&section=&q=grunge
or
you could leave her clean and just use cycles materials

Absolutely love it. GladOS is an awesome character. I’d love to see the wire.

Here are the wires:

not sure how much you can get out of them, the wire’s make quite a dense mass of wires :stuck_out_tongue:

wow,really impressive BlenderCranium, for the texturing i have wrote how to appy scrathches and rust in my cycles thread. good luck with the rigging :wink:

Thanks man! I already have the rig for the head done, and it works pretty well. I think I’ll use some of your techniques!

awesome, cant wait, will you be doing a little animation for us? :slight_smile:
go for it, its what they are there for lol

I’ll probably be doing an animation that shows off the rig and her personality, incorporated with a turntable. I don’t currently have the resources to make a lengthy animation. I’m going to post it on Blend Swap so anyone can download it when I’m done with the rig.

hahha i will add some nice and Very Hard light at the front and give it a rig and set a studio with 4 like this in corners… and create animation and they move and light some model in the middle…

That would be cool! the model will have a rig in it already :wink:

can’t wait to see it! you give me inspirention to my next project…

It’ll be on in a couple days, the rig’s going to be quite extensive :p. Always nice to give some one inspiration :smiley:

Now i look more deep to this and i think the main body panels. have to be more glowy… so give some of it… now it’s looks like made from plastic. Something wrong with material on cables. But this is looking for any minuses that i see only… Pretty good!