Glass Cube

Well, here is my first Yafray project… I followed the tutorial about the glass cube. I made a few changes… heres the pic…

http://img201.echo.cx/img201/5160/glasscube7at.th.jpg

CC’s plz?? Also, is there a good tutorial about colored caustic effects?? Im sure it easy, but im a noob, so that kinda explains why i need help :frowning: :smiley:

wow very goo looks like ice

Thanks blur… anything else??

Comment:
Pretty cool. Definitely beyond my abilities and comprehension at this point.

Critique:

1. Nice shadows and reflection on the caustic side, but for that caustic texture I would naturally expect the cube-top surface to, pardon the pun, “reflect” the surface creating the texture.

2. There is a small oval of caustics to the left, where is that coming from?

Other then that, great job!

Timothy

hmm… Im not sure i get what you mean?

i was wondering the same thing :expressionless: … ive had those “stray photons” in other yafray renders too…

The ice cube seems quite smooth.
The caustics are textured.
Shouldn’t there be a textured reflection from the cube’s top?

I could be wrong.

Timothy

i think the bright oval on the side is just the specular reflection of the table. looks to be in the right position, considering where the light is coming from. try taking away the spec on the table material and see if it persists.

tom

hmm… Im not sure i get what you mean?
[/quote]

The ice cube seems quite smooth.
The caustics are textured.
Shouldn’t there be a textured reflection from the cube’s top?

I could be wrong.

Timothy[/quote]

ok, i get it now. Yeah i noticed that too… i have no idea what to do?

yup thats what it was

Hello

good test, but i think the caustics are too intense, i don’t know this is the same that somebody have noticed yet.
the cube appears to need a little bit more of OSA or subdivision.
I hope i’ve help you.
And the strange shapes near to the caustics i think are caustics also. There’s a problem with caustic settings. Take a new look to the tuto on this topic.
Glaurung

yea the photon light might be turned up a bit to much for the light that is being projected on it to look equal. either turn up the spot light or turn down the photons to make it look more like the spotlights light is going through the glass and it will look more realistic!