Glass Vaze

Started as a hardsurface modeling exercise. Tried some composition and lighting techniques. Textured with Substance Painter, rendered with Cycles in AcesCG. I hope you like!

23 Likes

Wow, amazing, looks absolutely real in my eyes :hushed: :+1:

1 Like

Spectacular work! Not a bad thing to say about the entire piece, great job

1 Like

Thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!

1 Like

Very nice. Maybe you can try to render this in Octane or Lux Core, they both handle caustic much better than Cycles. This model simply cry for “dancing light”.

1 Like

Thank you! Actually i tried both before i went with Cycles, even rendered out a few shots with caustics, but the noise was immense and the denoiser ate all details. Still trying to figure out the best settings in Luxcore for rendering scenes like this in reasonable time.

1 Like

Oh… well :no_mouth:
My guess that caustic are “free” or almost free in Octane and Lux. I’m not familiar with Lux, but in Octane you must use path trace for good result… and this heavily impact render time. I just once play with caustic in Keyshot, using small very strong light. Do not know do this trick work in Lux - Octane.

Most 3D artists fake caustic… even photographers do this :wink: but in this case this are not solution. Such carved surface will make beautiful pattern. btw, amazing modeling.
1 Like

I’ll definitely keep on trying different techniques.

Impressive render! Loved the composition.

1 Like

Thank you!