Global illumination help?

Cinnamon gravy! Boy some of you defend Blender like a long lost lover or something, Sorry I’m not that sentimental. As taking longer to model something in Blender than other packages No I’m not lying so don’t say that. As for Blender’s ease of use with no documentation needed. Ya right, I have some swamp land in Florida you might be interested in purchasing.
Well, as it happens I don’t like fanboyism either. The difference is, I actually know where Blenders weaknesses are, and generally speaking, being buggy isn’t one of them. If you want to model something without bothering to read any documentation, then I strongly suggest Bryce or Poser. There is no way you can go into any fully fledged modeling application without reading a lot of documentation, especially if you are relatively new to 3d. It’s not going to happen.

I’ll try the GI tutorial again. I don’t believe I moved anything around during the process, but I’ll do it again.
Well, you did. Add a uvsphere, then immediately go into editmode and delete half of the vertices. Come out of editmode and take a look at where the object centre is. Then compare that to the screenshot you posted.

One of my problems is my memory is not too good as it used to be. I learn something about Blender then within a week I completely forget everything that I learned.
Sorry to hear that. Must be a real pain trying to learn something as complex as 3d when you keep forgetting what you’ve learned.

Maybe its better that I don’t post anymore I seem to offend everybody instead of looking for help.
No, don’t do that. Simply revise the way you post. For instance, don’t immediately assume something is a bug just because it isn’t working the way you expect it to. Everyone here is pretty friendly and helpful most of the time.

Lastly, have you looked at any of the video tutorials? that should make learning a lot easier. If not, I can find you some good links.

Laters.