Gloucester's Eyes

Abstract.

The reference is to King Lear.

>>>http://www3.telus.net/bpauw/img/b01cgeyesmall.jpg<<<

Gloucester’s Eyes

—edit
Corrected the spelling mistake in the name of the post and the link. Glouster --> Gloucester.
—edit

Cheers,

b01c

Very nice render. I Like the design and the concept a lot.

Well done.

BgDM

all i have to say is that when i opened the link my jaw droped (litteraly). dude that is some awesome stuff. is that with or without yafray?

Very nice!!!
Great work!!!

I’d be interested to see it against a black background b01c. What’s the story about Glousters eyes?

Awesome, very good. Looks like some major mordern art. 8)

In the story of King Lear, Gloucester has his eyes gouged out by the Duke of Cornwall.

I’m afraid I don’t understand the title of this piece in reference to the picture (of course, my wife and I also laughed and giggled out way through the entire East wing (modern art section) of the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C., so I admit to know nothing about the subject).

Nice, i like the colors and the attribut for shaders. Very good render.

BgDM: Thanks man!

[og]GrYpHoN: Also thanks ;). This is not a yafray render. Pure blender w/ procedural textures.

elGordo: Thanks dude!

GCat: Black background. I might give that a try in the next few days. As DStone said Gloucester has his eyes gouged out. The play King Lear itself is linked (now) to existentialism–Lear stripping down to bare essential man working with the idea of human beings being alone on earth and creating their own meaning.

zgm-html: Thanks! I really like some modern art (not that I have exhaustive knowledge of it). With blender I seem to be drawn more and more into abstract work, as in my writing and poetry, so expect more of this kind of stuff in the future.

DStone: I really think this is important to point out. Our world really is a plurality, so it’s nice to get feedback from all different angles.

[a]drien: Thanks! Those textures are the result of many hours trying to emulate sonix’s excellent textures.

Cheers,

b01c

“In the story of King Lear, Gloucester has his eyes gouged out by the Duke of Cornwall.”

“As DStone said Gloucester has his eyes gouged out. The play King Lear itself is linked (now) to existentialism–Lear stripping down to bare essential man working with the idea of human beings being alone on earth and creating their own meaning.”

I like this educational strand here. So you’re trying to symbolise some aspect from this part of the play in your rendering. That’s very cool.