Glowflies forest animation.WIP

Hi , your resulting artwork does not look bad. Quite convincing.

Thanks, but its not the result yet. Its gonna be animated

wow, pretty awesome stuff! did you create the textures for the stones from scratch? will you put up a video about your caustics setup? it’s pretty interesting and it would be cool to see more infos about it. i am using a different solution for the underwater scene i am working on (ref. thread in animations topic) but your idea is pretty neat too. how many hours did you spent on this in total and in detail for the underwater grass particle system and the seaweeds? how long does it take to render the animated scene actually - do you use the blender internal or cycles engine?

Hi, jester elly. Thanks for the input. Textures for the stones are from internet, i created only texture for the fish, because there was nothing similar in the internet. Such a realistic caustics you cannot achieve in Blender, on my opinion, you can try to animate voronoy textures but it sucks, so i used Caustics Generator programm to make them. I dont know how many hours i have already spent because i do this in my free time. For the animated underwater grass and lianas i will do a tutorial maybe later. And i am using cycles render and i am rendering by using render farm Render Street. Noise reduction and compositing i will do in After Effects.

Here is my bake action tutorial and a few frames of my ongoing animation which is already in render. 5 more days to wait for finish

Hi, guys. This is just my intro animation, but the big main animation about glowflies in the forest will be posted in 5 days time. The rendering time for 1 minute of that animation will take overall 10 days on renderfarm, because its will be very complex scene

Here is my work in progress guys. CC welcomed

Also watch this another version if you want to listen it with crickets and insects wings sounds -

Brilliant Sir, the five stars are well deserved!

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks, Clock. Btw, i am taking part in this Weekly CG Challenge now, because the topic matched with what i am working on. So trying my best :slight_smile:

Work in progress. Its gonna be animated scene with camera move, all animated plants and fishes. 64 samples. Cycles. Blender 2.78.5 with denoiser

different render with more light. 128 samples

bluewish look

greenish look

Lovely! I like the greenish look better but that might be personal taste.

Great work, im following you… KEEP IT UP :wink:

More light+plankton particles+ground fog

Wow man. Amazing. You give me nice ideas, thanks.

Thank you guys

Blender.Cycles.Little bit compositing also done in AE. I think the effect and the mood is already good. What do you think

Sweet, really sweet - very nice work.

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks for the feedback!