GLSL PBR Shader for viewport

I still can’t see the option to enable realistic materials, even in the official build.
Is there anything i need to do to enable it?

there is no support in official build. YOu need to wait for 2.8.

Switch to material mode. Press N - Shading - Material Preview. You can check if its working by adding some lamps. Also there is “viewport probe” which mimics real reflections. To reflect cube from floor, assign glossy materials with 0 roughness to floor. Select floor. Go to properties - object - viewport probe - select Planar (because floor is a plane).

Hello to everybody!
I’m playing around with this version of blender and i can say it’s very cool! I think that in few years this kind of realtime techniques will replace most of the standard rendering pipelines.

Anyway, i’m facing a small problem. I’m trying to build a toon material and, at the moment, it works perfectly. The only issue i have is related to the viewport “material ambient occlusion” because, even if is checked as active, is not displayed at all.

Is anybody noticing a similar problem?

I’ve also tried to change the values from the “ambient occlusion” panel in the world properties but nothing happened.

Thanks in advance

supaworst

I don’t see any of those options in the 0.4 version of the PBR Branch, maybe my settings broke it?
There’s no “Material Preview”, and there’s no “Reflection Probe” anywhere.

Thank you!!!

sorry for my english
how can I make light and fog? See Video: 3:58

Hi! fog using volume scattering node is not working. solution for fog/mist …please

My render test using pbr branch v3 link- https://youtu.be/HEOnmFG66yU
how to apply fog in pbr material view?

look what it can do … hope everyone likes it

@draguu, really nice!
What was the approximate time to get each frame?
I ask because even with PBR branch I can not get exactly “real time” OpenGL render (I think it depends on the graphics card)

you should have entered this into the Suzanne awards… really top notch work!!! I hope you post more work in the future:)

thank you YAFU - it took less then 1 sec for each frame

THank you man , we will make it for sure , :slight_smile:

Great, fun work. Congrats and thanks!

Thank you man

Hey this is wonderful but is there a way to upadete the reflections on rigidbody movements?

Hey I have a question: how to turn up auto update for reflections when physic objects move?
The auto update in the world and object panel do not work for me

scroll through few pages in this thread . i think clement has posted one script to animate reflaction as per frame change

guys im having this problem with PBR, the viewport displays lighting effects as it should but the openGL render doesn’t capture most of it?

nevermind everyone, i did not check the option for color management on the viewport.