(GN) How to make instances stay the same size regardless of object scale?

hello everyone. i can’t find a way to counter scale instances. If object is scaled down in object mode, how to keep it’s geo nodes instances the same size? Is there node or atribute that deals with “object” scale?

maybe something like this?

1 Like

It doesnt. Besides i forgot to ask more important part - in my problem there are 3 objects - scale 1,1,1, other have .5,.5,.5, etc.

So i need all instaces to be same size on all objects. I imagine i need to make “look at scale values of object which geometry nodes aplied to and counter the scale” setup. Hope that makes sense.

(thnx for your time btw )

like this?

2 Likes

Here is an image to illustrate the problem better

Upper row - desired result
Bottom - Gn nodes that you can see at the bottom

you need to change yr object info to relative to use the relative scale of the input obj…

1 Like

hello everyone. i cant find a way to counter scale instances. If object is scaled down in object mode, how to keep it’s geo nodes instances the same size? Is there node or atribute that deals with “object” scale?
Or this wrong place to ask?

Best is to ask in modeling sub-forum and tag your thread with #geometry-nodes tag.
This thread is for development discussion.

1 Like

If your instancing objects are part of a collection, then you just need to add a Realize Instances node to make all scales normalized.

Like so:

… here making a GN network on a vertexless mesh and using Collection Info and Object Info to “import” the objects.

Good luck.

1 Like

This seem to work, but too cumbersome to use in my case, so i decided just to use differnent parameters for each node group

Thankx for help!