Gnarly Yafaray Glitch - Deletes random objects when .blend is re-opened!

So, this has happened to me a couple of times, and only when I use Yafaray. It doesn’t happen all the time, but occasionally. I don’t have any before or after pics, but I’d like to know if anyone else has had a problem with opening up a previously saved Blender project and noticed that multiple objects are completely deleted. I think it might have to do with something about Yafaray, but it’s only happened in version 2.49b when I use Yafaray. It’s only happened a few times, but it would have destroyed a project of mine if I didn’t make the model in Sketchup first.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, but I chalked it up to me using Local View ( ‘/’ on the numpad). I wasn’t able to figure it out at the time, but it sounds a lot like you have what I had then.
Sorry can’t help you any, just wanted to let you know that you’re not the only one.

I’m having the same problem right now with Yafaray 0.1.1 and Blender 2.49b.

For every object removed the console shows

LIB ERROR: Base removed
You suck at Blender. Let me end your misery.

OK. Just the first line, of course.:slight_smile:
But its very scary. I’ve been saved by autosave around 3 times

Really? The console really says that?

*Opens up messed up .blend file…

It doesn’t say “You suck”, but at the very beginning it does have two “LIB ERROR: Base removed”.

But yeah, I’ve moved on to LuxRender. I think I might wanna uninstall Yafaray soon. It’s creeping me out : /.

You didn’t read the complete post, it seems.

Haha, I guess not LOL. Wow… now I feel stupid : /. Meh, no big deal : ).