GO intro to logic unit

I had to do it. Don’t ask me why. I had to.

[1280x1024]
http://blender.sixmonkeys.geek.nz/albums/BurtS/GOF.jpg

Now it is authentic historic game [no reversed colors of pawns like before] that took place in 1933 between Mejin Honinbo Shuei and Go Seigen.

After samsung action i really need to drink a lot of sake.

Bye! Bye!

Burt.S.

Well, at least it’s not a chess board…

I was bit disapointed, because I tought I’d be seeing some Amiga related stuff :wink:

But anyways, I like those papers and I like the board, but that desk looks like it would need better texture.

Hi,
Very nice board and papers, especially the left one. Maybe you should corect “desk” texture to look more like wood, now it’s look more like sand. Also I think that shadows could be more soften. Anyway I like this work. Good theme.

regards
Falek

This is very good, wood looks fine to me. Is this a real game of go and whose move is it?

Sheme of real game it’s from polish “Go” sites. It’s the most complicated [237] game to analyse. I have graph with filall mooves of competitioners. I wish there is no good computer game on 19x19 stage ;).

I like this configuration too. It’s propably historic sheme of game by meijin.

Greetings!
Burt.S.

Look at two eyes :slight_smile:

News run fast, so does Publishing Houses. I need about 30Mb of space for *.blend file for a while.

I need contact with person, who knows both japanese and english well.
Did i say purchase agent?

Please contact me via m@il.

Greetings and thank you!
Burt.S.

Chess are domain of moonlight creator i think;). But. Wait for Amiga. You have received arari for now. I like worker too.

Board texture is a matter of taste. You’v got right. It 'd be better.

Greetings!

Historical japanese papers are very nice topic. Especially when they were made with Blue Moon Rendering Tools:). All the rest is full substitute for RM displacement shaders.

Light. Hmm. Max number of samples with spot - looks very smooth for me at picture + sharp edges of raytraced sun light shadow. It’s compromise between large area to overlight and wige angle of spot light’s cone.

Heh :smiley: . Ok i’ll change it to cherry wood. Just focus at one thing. It’s not POV-Ray wood shader (anyway good to made surf textures with ortho cam)

[>]

I like the scene! My comment is that the black stones are too shiny. Traditionally, the white stones are made I believe out of a special kind of Japanese clam’s shell, and the black out of slate? The clamshell is nice, with the specularity, but in your scene the black stones have the same specularity; they should have a softer and more diffuse look.

“they should have a softer and more diffuse look” big thanks dude!
It’s something i need to make it more realistic. It’ll be my best artwork so far.

Why the black and white M&Ms?

Why the debian swirl?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great image, composition, though the textures are far too low resolution.

Pretty good overall.
You’ll note one problem caused by the table texture. It’s quite dark AND it is low resolution, so in the foreground it is blurry.
The result is that the closest black stones on the table appear to be floating. The white stones aren’t as bad because the shadow is visible.

A better texture and I think some Bump to it would make it more realistic.

Hi Burt:

Here are my thoughts, and as often, I find criticism where other find only praise, so you can happily discard it: I’m probably wrong.
Here it goes: first, it’s a strange composition to me.
You have mixed very old items (namely your papers) with new ones, and that doesn’t click IMHO.
The Go tokens (whatever their name) are like out of the factory yesterday… And yes, to me too, they “float”.
I like the board best.

The table is very reflective (the sake / ink pot or whatever the contain is) is very reflected. For some reason, give the state of the wood, it bothers me. I know you can polish any wood, but here, it seems that the real thing would have a texture, and little or no reflection (of course, I’m wrong, but again it’s my 2 cents).
Then you have old and presumably very precious paper. Someone who respects these paper would not deal with them casually like you did: under the board, with a quill atop in the back… The real owner would not do that to them. I know you want to show them off, but you can’t do that to them.

Also, the tone of the table doesn’t mesh well with that of the board: as if they were lit by 2 different lamps (of course, it’s in the material that I would look for the solution)… but I seel most everybody think it’s perfect, so I’m wrond on this one too I suppose.

OK, I hope I didn’t bug you… I think it has a great potential.

Arnaud.

First of all, because it’s made with Debian.
Second, because i don’t use any other OS with this picture.
Debian swirl, because it’s nice context to define debian heads.

Black and white MM … it could be very funy and practical.

Yes. It’s serious problem with shadows at right bottom corner. Maybe , when i moove my lights closer to the viewer it’ll help.

About dark texture of table. It’s rather too light material for board. I’ll try to balance contrast.

:smiley: It is really good. I agree with you in 49.99%. Thanks.
Ok…

Greetings!
Burt.S.

Hello Burt.S.,

Very glad to see that you took my comments the way I intended. Now, I would perfectly understand that you won’t reopen a project on which you have already spend a large amount of time. I mean: it’s pretty darn good, and nothing is never ever perfect. My comments aimed at perfection. Nuf said.

Cheers.
Arnaud

[quote=“arnaud0”]

Hello Burt.S.,

Very glad to see that you took my comments the way I intended. Now, I would perfectly understand that you won’t reopen a project on which you have already spend a large amount of time. I mean: it’s pretty darn good, and nothing is never ever perfect. My comments aimed at perfection. Nuf said.

Cheers.
Arnaud[/quote]

Way to understand human’s behaviours is another domain of knowledge.

I have spent with this project less than two hours in plus time for renderings. And it is far way to call it good.

At least, what you see you got for free.
So, what do you want more for free?

Ready solutions, services, courses ? :smiley:

Greetings!

I’m looking for good texture for fan and book to start with japanese lang.:x .