GoB - ZBrush crashes!!!

Hello,
I’ve tried to install GoB onto my computer, to work with Blender and ZBrush.
Did everything correctly with the GoB_addon_265a_WIN (zip file) addon, installed it correctly.
But when I try to access ZBrush from within Blender, Zbrush starts up, but then there is a message in ZBrush saying “zbrush executable has stopped working” and then it crashes.

I have Blender 2.69 and ZBrush 4R6.

I’ve come across a further GoB file which I think I might need to install, GoB_2-69 , but I don’t know where it goes or how to apply it.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Cheers

here is the one i use and it work

• there two file the addon and the folder that go in the zbrush goz folder
    place the addons in this direction:
  • C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons or in the addons_contrib folder as you like
    place the blender folder in this location:
  • C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps
    note: i recommend you to install the Goz from the zbrush download center before place the blender folder.
    http://pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/

before place the go-b addon remove any old g-ob addon from blender script folder

Thanks kakachiex2, for the advice. But I still can’t get it to work.
It seems almost as though it’s about to work, but then ZBrush crashes.
Could it be because I have the latest version of ZBrush (4R6)?
Just wondering if you could be more specific as to what files go where?
Thanks anyway!

I’m having the same problem with ZBrush4R6, using the latest GoB 2.65 addon with Blender 2.65, 2.68a, 2.70a.
They all crash ZBrush.

Did you see [this thread](http://Hi, <br />I’m having the same problem even though I’m using the latest GoB 2.65 addon with ZBrush4R6, <br />Blender 2.65, 2.69a, 2.70a. <br /><br />Did you see this thread at the ZBrush forum? ) at the ZBrush forum?

Hey guys,

A user by the name of jrboddie has found a solution for us. Here is his post on zbrushcentral.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?127419-GoB-an-unofficial-GoZ-for-Blender/page99

"I was able to get this to work tonight with Blender 2.71.

First, the zip file at Blender Extensionsis incomplete. It only has the Blender plug-in for 2.69, not the Zbrush folder. Go to this site to find links for an earlier version (2.65) of the package.

I used the latest Blender plug-in (for 2.69) and the extracted Blender folder from the older version for the Zbrush part.

After placing the ‘Blender’ folder in the Pixologic/GoZApps, Zbrush failed to recognize Blender as a possible connection app. My mistake was copying the wrong ‘Blender’ folder. The correct one is inside the Zbrush folder in the zip file and contains a single text file: GoZ_Info.txt. After correcting this and restarting Zbrush, I was able to then set the path to Blender.exe.

I installed the Blender plug-in (for 2.69) in the usual way and enabled it. The two buttons appeared in the menu bar. I crashed Zbrush by trying to export the cube from Blender so I assumed that Zbrush was not yet fully configured.

Restaring Zbrush, I brought in a cylinder, switched to edit mode and made it a Polymesh 3D object. Then in the GoZ line of buttons I hit R to reset the GoZ tool, then exported to Blender. The new GoZ import button in Blender brought the cylinder over. I then exported the cube from Blender to Zbrush without a crash.

Basic stuff, and I don’t fully have a grasp on the whole workflow, but perhaps this will help some of you who have run into some of the issues that I found."

I can confirm that this works for me. Give it a try guys. Thanks jrboddie for figuring this out.