Golden Cave

@Ahmed_Magid
Thank you very much! I try to keep it simple and similar to the real world (a sun lamp softened to simulate cloudy sky and cold world color for the sky itself). I also fix over and underexposure in post to make it look more like a photo.

@japrogramer
Very easily! Everyone who opens Blender for the first time can do it. You go to dikart.ru and you download whichever one you like. I suggest using Google translate if you don’t speak Russian like me :wink:

Amazing render. Best interior render I have seen so far in blender. Looks absolutely Photoreal.
I have some questions hope you don’t mind answering:

1. Why didn’t you use HDRI image for lighting? (If it is because of Noise, then don’t you think HDRIs+Sun produce more realistic results than Blackbody Environment+Sun?)

2. How did you decide the world strength of 10 to be enough? I mean you could have lowered the strength and cranked up the exposure?

3. Can you share your Sun settings if possible?

I think your lighting is just on another level hence the queries. Please don’t mind the multiple questions.

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

1. It gives me a lot more control over the look of my lighting (warmer vs cooler) and uses much less memory when rendering. Also, sun lamps are great at simulating real sun and those circular shadows (you can see it underneath every tree on a sunny day). I’ve never been able to reproduce it with just an HDRI.
  2. I just eyeball it. When it looks exposed enough it’s enough. Then I add the sun and crank it up until it starts to overexpose areas it lights directly. I don’t like playing with exposure later because it also messes up my material previews. I think it’s a matter of personal preference.
  3. Nothing fancy here. Blackbody for color set around 5000K, strength at around 10 and angle (which is size of the sun) higher than normal to soften the shadows.
2 Likes