Golden Hour Animation

featured

(saiko) #22

Excellent detail and rendering!
Only one thing about the animation - mechanical watches mostly have much smoother movement unlike 1 second steps of quartz watches.

(Noel Wallace) #23

You clearly don’t do photography. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the DOF in that animation.

(Noel Wallace) #24

There’s nothing wrong with the DOF. It shows that the watch is small, just like it’s meant to.

Excellent animation as well.

(Noel Wallace) #25

It really depends on the watch. The minute hand can either jump, or creep. Or are you talking about the spring?

(ycarry) #26

Great work!
but please use IIII instead of IV…
(using IIII give a better visual balance with the VIII)

(Hiisi) #27

I believe watch manufacturers have switched to IIII instead of IV recently, haven’t they? My older watches all had digit IV.

(ycarry) #28

<< The original pattern for Roman numerals used the symbols I, V, and X (1, 5, and 10) as simple tally marks. Each marker for 1 (I) added a unit value up to 5 (V), and was then added to (V) to make the numbers from 6 to 9:

I, II, III, IIII, V, VI, VII, VIII, VIIII, X .>>

(Damien) #29

That’s interesting on the IV vs IIII. If I make another render actually showing the 4, I may change it.

(Ivaylo Gogov [ivaydesign]) #30

Wonderful Project :slight_smile: Wonderful quality! Really Like it! Please, keep creating.
Well deserved in the future raw! Congrats

(Noel Wallace) #31

I’ve never seen 9 represented as VIIII. I’ve only ever seen it as IX.

(Damien) #32

I have decided to record a tutorial on how I made this. Part 1 is modeling the mesh, and part 2 will be up soon.