Golden Ratio House Exteriors

Hi everyone,

Here is one my latest projects - Golden Ratio House, where all spaces are proportional to each other.

I have been chipping away at this project for longer than I would like to admit, and I am super happy that I finally found the time to finish it, where I am responsible for both the design and visualisation. I am an architect and I find visualising my own projects as ever more important. Full project profile can be found at https://uhstudio.com/projects/golden-ratio-house

Rendered in Cycles, post-processed in Affinity Photo.

There are numerous addons and assets that I have used to assist me in making this:

• Archipack
  • Materialiq
  • Botaniq
  • Transportation addon
  • Interior Essentials
  • Outdoor essentials
  • Scatter
  • Chocofur assets
  • Evermotion assets

Thoughts, comments, critiques appeciated.

28 Likes

Hi Dimitar!

Big fan here :slight_smile: (also architect, also love doing visualisations)

Really like those renderings, looks like an awesome place! Very interesting read on your website too.

I have a few (very nitpicky, probably too harsh) comments:

• 1st image: Love the sunset vibe! It could be even stronger though, I think with some more contrast in terms of light intensity. In my opinion, the outside should be a bit darker. It is too brightly lit in my opinion and has a purple tone to it which could be more blueish (to convey the sunset mood).
  • 2nd image: I also think the outside is too bright but the purple tone is gone, it looks very nice!
  • 3rd image: This is much more brownish in terms of tone and doesn’t fit well together with the vibe of the other 2 images. I miss that nice blue sunset tone in the colours from the first 2 images. I know it is a different view with no sky though :slight_smile:
    I am also not sure about the composition here - you just about cut a bit away of the subject on the right and left hand side. I think I would prefer to either have it fully in frame or close in a little more to focus on something more specific rather than the full structure.

I know this sounds harsher than I intend it to be - I really like the project, especially the first 2 images! Just thought that my feedback might be helpful.

Oh, and btw: I love those interior renders on your website too, they are really nicely done!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

one of the greatest arch-viz renders I have ever seen that was done with Cycles! great work.

1 Like

Thanks for the commments - Yes. I do find it difficult to match the mood consistently as I am looking for how to crate the best image possible for the current view I am working on. Also, I am not payingt to much attention to complimentary colours in the images, yet

Appreciate your kind comments. What is it that you think makes them good?

2 Likes

on pure rendering quality, this is excellent, I rarely see Cycles being pushed to this level of realism!

1 Like

thanks! although I’ve seen plenty of excellent Cycles examples. In the end, it’s as much about post-processing as it is about raw rendering

1 Like