GoldenEye game in blender

Hey I’m trying to create a fps game like the game goldeneye. I was wondering if this was possible without python programming language. I also need info on how to make the gun point in the direction of the mouse pointer. And then make the gun shoot when i click the mouse button.
Thanks! :yes:

you pretty much need python scripting for the mouse pointing script, you will need python for ai, and python for just about everything but physics and movement.

but with python and blender theres snipets here and there for just about anything you can think of, if you have google and some effort to read a lot of post you will find what you need, but my suggestion is to jump into mechanics first before you attempt anything out of hand

Ok, thank you for answering my question! I’m jumping into python right now… I have had some programming knowledge in the past so i’m hoping it won’t be too hard :slight_smile:

could you explain what ‘ai’ is?.. (i know i’m really a beginner to blender)

ai is artificial intelligence, its what makes your enemy’s going, in anything, not just blender but any game engine, simulation engine, or intelligent robot uses it

making a game takes alot of effort, now ask your self, might this be a little much to start with? if it is, start small with a little marble maze game, but if you really think your ready, plan out every little aspect of gameplay mechanics, and find code snipets

Thank you for the explanation - but yes, i think i am going to tackle this project and see how it turns out :). I’ll keep you guy’s posted

I’m a huge Goldeneye fan. I’de like to see where this goes. One thing I have to say is if your new to Blender I would work on modeling,rending,rigging,textures before trying to make a game.Not saying this from experience sense I’ve only been using Blender for about 5 months but just seems like thats what you need to work on first. Not sure how long you have been using Blender.

have you ever tried to make a fps game in blender before? If so, how did it turn out?

yes, i’ll update what i have. I have not been using blender for very long, but I am a quick learner. I am pretty good at modeling, but have some work in animation. We’ll see :).