'Goldy' rig (controller2.blend) in test240

Bassam,

Ok, well I’m running into some minor problems.

What version of Blender did you use for this rig ?

I’ve tried both 2.41 (2006-1-23) and this version of 2.42

With both of those versions, I seem to be seeing a lot of ‘control’ bones and not just the ‘animatable’ ones (see attached pics).

Part of the problem may be that I just turned on the ‘regular’ layers (1 &3), I 'm not sure where the “armature” layers are that you mentioned in the blog.

Are the armature-layers the 16 buttons under ‘Display Buttons’ in the Armature tab? (version 2.42)
If they are, with the 2.42 version I have only the first display-layer button does anything, all the bones seem to be on that ‘layer’

For the moment I’m just hiding bones that seem to be control bones.

Mike

** Edit**
“The main torso controller which looks like two blue triangles pointing at Mancandy’s
waist give a quick way to rotate/translate the entire upper body in one
chunk.”

I don’t see “blue two triangles” anywhere :slight_smile: Maybe I need to have a couple of beers to see them ? :slight_smile:

Attachments

hehe, I’m actually running cvs
its getting late here, but I suppose some features are missing in the 2.4x releases to date
I’ll download, test, and make two versions of the file; one that works in the current release , and the one on the website right now for the next release and current cvs.
I’ll get to it first thing tomorrow, I promise :slight_smile:

No prob, everything seems to be working, just that all the bones were showing up.

I don’t mind running CVS :slight_smile: Do you know if what you’re running has been built for Windoze ? What cvs “version” are you running?

I have about 5 different versions of Blender on my p.c. now !

I’m downloading 2.42. “preview 12” right now, will try it.

Mike

there should be cvs checkouts available on the blender forums in the testing builds area
hmm, I should probably post a link on the orange blog for those willing to risk the evils of cvs :eek:

oh yeah, the rig works in old blenders, just looks messy. I uploaded a mancandy_old.blend with the non control bones hidden. still not as nice , but at least workable.

Thanks, I saw your “mancandy_old.blend” post, and downloaded it. Looks pretty similar to the ‘new’ file … after I manually hid what I guessed were the control bones :slight_smile:

Ya, I’ve been to that site :wink:

There are 13 'sticky’s and 16 pages of posts where it seems like everyone and his brother Lou have just compiled a ‘new’ version of Blender :confused:

Mike