Gonna blow up the earth - a few problems.

I’m working on an animation in which the earth is going to explode. There’s a couple of things I’m not sure how to do, though. I’ve uploaded the blend file (here) so you can have a look… as you can tell I haven’t really got a lot yet. My intentions are something like this…

1. I’m trying to make a very bright light, very suddenly, at one point on the earth-sphere, which will eventually envelop the entire earth. I tried by just automating the emit variable, but it never really looked right.

2. I want to get a kind of shockwave thing going on… where there’s not really any color to it, just weird refractions.

3. And then the earth busts into a jillion pieces. :slight_smile:

4. One of the chunks hits the moon, which proceeds to be obliterated.

5. And then the camera zooms in on a can of shaving cream, which is flying away and slowly leaking - you guessed it - shaving cream. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know why shaving cream… I was just thinking the other day, “I wonder if there’s a place in the universe where shaving cream occurs naturally…”

Anyways, if y’all could have a look I’d be much obliged. It’s a shame that you won’t be able to hear the ambient sound effect… I made it myself. On that same topic, if anyone could ever use some sound effects in their works, I’d be happy to make them, assuming you were nice to me. :wink:

dang. I’d better get busy on my spaceship, then. Any idea when you might be done with this and fire it off?

http://www.centralsource.com/blender/explosions/

%<