Good Qoutes

Hi & I once heared my father ( may mercy be on him ) saying :-
" nothing is absolutely useless , even a wrecked clock is two times right a day "

i don’t know wether if he made this one or not , i didn’t ask , but i really like this kind of qoutes .

I’ve heard it before, but nonetheless, it is a good one.

“some people live their lifetime without being alive for a single day”

• loosely from a quote I got a few days ago.

Selling out is usually more a matter of buying in. Sell out, and you’re really buying into someone else’s system of values, rules and rewards.

• Kenyon College Commencement Address (May 20, 1990)

Creating a life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement. In a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess as the good life, a person happy doing his own work is usually considered an eccentric, if not a subversive. Ambition is only understood if it’s to rise to the top of some imaginary ladder of success. Someone who takes an undemanding job because it affords him the time to pursue other interests and activities is considered a flake. A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential-as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth. You’ll be told in a hundred ways, some subtle and some not, to keep climbing, and never be satisfied with where you are, who you are, and what you’re doing. There are a million ways to sell yourself out, and I guarantee you’ll hear about them. Kenyon College Commencement Address (May 20, 1990)

~Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. --Mark Twain (who else?)

• You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something!
    Joe E. Lewis

A refute to this could be “What if it;s broken digital timepiece”

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

More Mark Twain. =)

Thanks pixelmass. I sought out that whole speech and it made my day.

Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint.
– Mark Twain

Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.

Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more
deadly in the long run.
– Mark Twain

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
– Ashleigh Brilliant

You single-handedly fought your way into this hopeless mess.

You’re working under a slight handicap. You happen to be human.

You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn’t know.
– Mark Twain

You’re currently going through a difficult transition period called “Life.”

“Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” – Mae West

i’ll add another twain. with my typing skills or total lack there of my favorite is “it’s a damned poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word” since he was a national spelling champ as a child and of of america’s greatest authors it has more credability than if i had said it.

“If at first you don’t succeed… so much for skydiving.” - Henny Youngman

:smiley:
Give a man a fire, and he’s warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he’s warm for the rest of his life" :smiley: (think I saw this on slashdot :stuck_out_tongue: )

war does not decide who is right, only who is left

Here are some quotes that I like, taken from a ‘quote of the day’ like thing on my computer…

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.

Pure mathematics is the magician’s real wand.
– Novalis

Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be.
– Lao Tsu

That’s from the novel Jingo by Terry Pratchett. :wink:

Haha, Im getting that tattoed on my… I dunno. But its good.

“People” magazine made from recycled Soylent Green – firesign theatre

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity” – George Carlin

“Whether a tree falls to the north or to the south, the place where it falls is where it will lie.”