Goodnight Moon - Indigo Render

I would like to finish it as well. However, the animals and 2D images on the wall frighten me. I am trying to use this as an opportunity to push myself though. So, we’ll see what happens. :slight_smile:

I had an idea to use sky light to light the room and set it to a dim gray-ish color to simulate the moon. But that leaves me with a gray-ish sky whereas I really want a black sky. I am starting to feel a bit frustrated with the options here as I really think a sun lamp is the way to go but I cannot get it to look like moon light. I’d really appreacite some help from the indigo experts out there.

Since I haven’t got any thoughts on how to use a sun lamp as a moon lamp, I started experimenting with mesh emitters outside the window to cast moon light. I also have two (unseen) in the foreground to simulate windows there.

I hate using this method as the sun lamp was so cool and easy to use. So, if anyone has any feedback on that still, I’d love to hear it.

Started working on a carpet and a house… still needs more work. I think I can see the reflection of the foreground emitters in the windows as well… need to fix that. Modified the camera angle a bit, etc.

Here’s the latest… wish I had more time to render it.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/631/im1164999434um0.th.png

Oh yeah, is there any way to make that lamp brighter? I have a sphere meshlight inside it. The sphere is huge… and still I get so little light out of it. Why isn’t that thing brighter? Any ideas?

The scene is starting to take shape :slight_smile:

As of now I don’t think its possible to setup moonlight as you do with sunlight… There were some talk about it once, but I don’t now if its being worked on… So I guess that the meshlight outside is your best option at the moment… If you want to have the meshlight stronger than it is now I am afraid that you have to do that in the xml…

Keep going :wink: It’s looking great

I tried hacking the xml to increase the meshlight scale and it gave me errors. I increased it from 1 to 5. What is the hack I need to do?

I let the render run over night for a higher quality image:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3072/im1165023496yo0.th.png

I think it’s gain you have to increase…

I don’t see a gain value for the bulb sphere…