Google Chrome - Open Source Web Browser

Hey guys, just stumbled upon this. Sounds great.

looks like google is working on a totally open source web browser…the one browser to beat them all?

http://gizmodo.com/5044032/chrome-googles-open-source-browser

view a detailled comic book style paper explaining the basis of Chrome:
http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/googlebrowser/

Yeah I can’t wait, this is going to be awesome. I love the memory management idea.

can anyone say monopoly???

How come google is so good at everything?

can anyone say screw attack???

It’s a trap!

Edit: Just kidding-- it’s probably amazing

we already have a lot of browsers to keep up with… IE, firefox, opera to mention a few… so,

http://donotwant.ru/files/images/omg-do-not-want.jpg

heh.

It’ll never catch on…:spin:

Yes: “Microsoft” “Google”

This was on the radio this morning and too think it was on the BA long before that!

I’m actully writing this from google chrome. I must say that the speed and memory comsuption is just amazing. chrome uses roughly the half of the memory that Firefox uses and is alot faster.

There alot of useful features missing that could be found in FF, but I’m still very impressed.

I’m gonna skip this one and stick to Firefox. I just can’t handle MORE advertising, and I love my AdBlockPlus extension for Firefox!!

i second that… can’t live without AdBlockPlus…

FireFox coild take the code for the tab idea and use, that would be rather cool.

I just downloaded the beta version, but I think I am going to end up staying with firefox.
All my bookmarks and passwords and everything imported very quickly without any problems.

It has a kick ass Javascript engine which supposedly is performance tweaked. I ran the Javascript Ray Tracer, loaded the ‘Original JS Raytracer Scene’ and rendered at 320x200.

On Firefox: 685 seconds, Chrome: 181.

And since Chrome runs each page as a separate process, the browser didn’t lock up, like Firefox.

I dig the nice clean interface, but the zoom function sucks and there are no plugins yet. But hey, it’s beta.

I’m jealous of the success of Google and too lazy to learn a new browser, therefore I shall stick with Firefox for the time being. But as soon as this becomes COOL you can bet I’ll be using it. lulz.

I am using Chrome right now, I am not a fan of the stripped down interface. However, it does real time spell checking. Using the little red squiggly underlines that we all know and love.

Only thing missing is that the middle mouse button doesn’t smooth scoll when I press it.

I love it. It’s lightning fast, but then I found this in the license agreement…SCARY for artists.

"11. Content license from you 11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license."

Emphasis added.