Google Maps Models Importer

@BansheeSquad Have you tried importing sampls? https://github.com/eliemichel/MapsModelsImporter-samples/ Also, the fact that you see in the list of processes one that names google maps is worrying, the injection should be performed before clicking “ok” on the popup window so there should be no chrome window running yet at that time.

@cityvr If you do not see 3D in the browser then indeed there will be no 3D in the capture. You can enable the 3D in Google Map’s options

@bkjernisted I recommend you use Blender 2.93, RenderDoc 1.13 and the version 0.4.0 of the addon.

Hi,
yes, checkbox “debug info” is marked. I tried the new version v0.4.1 and now there are no error messages, but also no 3d-model. Blender works same seconds, then nothing.

another idea?

Mink, thank you for the troubleshooting thought.

I downloaded and attempted to import the Cape Town and Sacre Cour samples. I got the same error on each one. I’ve copied the console log below. After I got that info I wanted to restart Blender to make sure that the Debug Info was active. The MMI add-on was no longer in Blender (the import option was no longer in the menu) and my attempts to install it again didn’t bring it back. I’ve also copied that console log, below the first log. Thoughts?

Yeah, the RenderDoc thing seemed very wrong, but I think I consistently had Chrome running first. I will retry and report back.

Thanks again for all this.

Here’s the import errors system console log:
Unable to create directory C:\Users\billy/.thumbnails/large/
Unable to create directory C:\Users\billy/.thumbnails/fail/blender/
Writing userprefs: ‘C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\config\userpref.blend’ ok
Info: Deleted 1 object(s)

Info: Deleted 1 object(s)

addon_utils.disable: MapsModelsImporter not disabled
Modules Installed (MapsModelsImporter) from ‘C:\Users\billy\Desktop\Yavanna\3D CG\Blender\Add ons\MMI\MapsModelsImporter-v0.4.0.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons’

==========================================================================================
google_maps_rd failed and returned:
Loading capture from C:\Users\billy\Desktop\Yavanna\3D CG\Blender\Add ons\MMI\CapeTown-RD_1.13.rdc…
Couldn’t open file: ReplayStatus.FileCorrupted
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 290, in
main(controller)
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 282, in main
scraper.run()
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 207, in run
drawcalls = controller.GetDrawcalls()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘GetDrawcalls’

Extra info:

• python = C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\bin\python.EXE
  • python_home = C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python
    Invalid RDC capture file. Please make sure that:
  1. You are using the recommended RenderDoc Version for this AddOn
    • RenderDoc Version 1.5 - 1.9 for MapsModelsImporter <= 0.3.2
    • RenderDoc Version = 1.10 for MapsModelsImporter >= 0.3.3 and <= 0.3.7
    • RenderDoc Version = 1.13 for MapsModelsImporter >= 0.4.0
  2. You are importing from Google Maps or Google Earth web
  3. You were MOVING in the 3D view while taking the capture (you can use the “Capture after delay”-button in RenderDoc).

Before opening a new Issue on GitHub please download a working sample file to check if this works on your Computer.
Please be patient. If there’s no error message it might still be loading.
It can take a minute or two to load it and Blender will get unresponsive during this time.
Find sample files here: https://github.com/eliemichel/MapsModelsImporter-samples

If it works with a sample file you most probably shouldn’t open a new issue on GitHub but figure out how to use RenderDoc.
Find instructions about using RenderDoc by searching YouTube for “Capturing Google Maps with RenderDoc”

If the sample file doesn’t work:
Please report to MapsModelsImporter developers providing the full console log with debug information.
First turn on debug output by activating the “Debug Info”-checkbox under Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > MapsModelsImporter
On Windows systems console log is accessible in Windows > Toggle System Console (right click to copy).
On Linux systems you have to run Blender from the console to get the debug output

==========================================================================================
google_maps_rd failed and returned:
Loading capture from C:\Users\billy\Desktop\Yavanna\3D CG\Blender\Add ons\MMI\SacreCoeur-RD_1.13.rdc…
Couldn’t open file: ReplayStatus.FileCorrupted
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 290, in
main(controller)
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 282, in main
scraper.run()
File “C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\google_maps_rd.py”, line 207, in run
drawcalls = controller.GetDrawcalls()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘GetDrawcalls’

Extra info:

• python = C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\bin\python.EXE
  • python_home = C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python
    Invalid RDC capture file. Please make sure that:
  1. You are using the recommended RenderDoc Version for this AddOn
    • RenderDoc Version 1.5 - 1.9 for MapsModelsImporter <= 0.3.2
    • RenderDoc Version = 1.10 for MapsModelsImporter >= 0.3.3 and <= 0.3.7
    • RenderDoc Version = 1.13 for MapsModelsImporter >= 0.4.0
  2. You are importing from Google Maps or Google Earth web
  3. You were MOVING in the 3D view while taking the capture (you can use the “Capture after delay”-button in RenderDoc).

Before opening a new Issue on GitHub please download a working sample file to check if this works on your Computer.
Please be patient. If there’s no error message it might still be loading.
It can take a minute or two to load it and Blender will get unresponsive during this time.
Find sample files here: https://github.com/eliemichel/MapsModelsImporter-samples

If it works with a sample file you most probably shouldn’t open a new issue on GitHub but figure out how to use RenderDoc.
Find instructions about using RenderDoc by searching YouTube for “Capturing Google Maps with RenderDoc”

If the sample file doesn’t work:
Please report to MapsModelsImporter developers providing the full console log with debug information.
First turn on debug output by activating the “Debug Info”-checkbox under Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > MapsModelsImporter
On Windows systems console log is accessible in Windows > Toggle System Console (right click to copy).
On Linux systems you have to run Blender from the console to get the debug output

And here is the concole log for failed attempts to re-install the MMI add-on:
Read prefs: C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\config\userpref.blend
reloading addon: MapsModelsImporter 1625535000.3226037 1625535224.900736 ‘C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\init.py’
Modules Installed () from ‘C:\Users\billy\Desktop\Yavanna\3D CG\Blender\Add ons\MMI\MapsModelsImporter-v0.4.0.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\billy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons’

I apologize for my base-level lack of Blender knowledge. Working on it!

Hey, Mink—

Next report… I sorted out my first Chrome issues (Chrome seems to be between defaulting to Program and Program 86). Now I can get RenderDoc showing Google Chrome GPU. Injected into it and now I see the overlay in the Chrome window.

My next problem is that I can’t get it to capture. I will keep trying. Moving from before I hit the print screen buttons (Win+PrtSc), during, and until after the grey screen indicating image capture. But it doesn’t hang, the overlay shows 0 captures, and RenderDoc of course shows no captures.

Incremental progress. Thanks again for your input.

I can get my captures just fine but i seem to be unable to import them due to this issue. i’m using render doc 1.13 and release 0.4.0 (not 0.4.1 though i tried that one too). I seem to be generating the rdc files just fine but blender is unhappy. How would I go about checking all of the python stuff to makes sure the versions all line up?

I did just confirm that renderdoc.dll and renderdoc.pyd are located in C:\Users***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scrips/addons\MapsModelsImporter\bin\win64\

`google_maps_rd failed and returned:
Error: Failed to load the RenderDoc Module. It however seems to exist.
This might be due to one of the following reasons:

• Your Blender version uses another version of python than used to build the RenderDoc Module
  • An additional file required by the RenderDoc Module is missing (i.E. renderdoc.dll)
  • Something completely different

Remember, you must use exactly the same version of python to load the RenderDoc Module as was used to build it.
Find more information about building the RenderDoc Module here: https://github.com/baldurk/renderdoc/blob/v1.x/docs/CONTRIBUTING/Compiling.md

sys.platform: win32
Python version: 3.7.7 (default, Jun 13 2020, 11:11:23) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]
err.name: renderdoc
err.path: C:\Users\Xeru\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\MapsModelsImporter\bin\win64\renderdoc.pyd
Error Message: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Extra info:

• python = D:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\python\bin\python.EXE
  • python_home = D:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\python`

A little self-report. I just checked out Nicko 16’s yt video on how to make your plugin work, and he mentioned that to get a capture you can also select “Capture Frame(s) Immediately” from the insert page. Worked like a charm, and then MMI imported the model into Blender without any issues.

Success! This plugin is absolutely brilliant. Thanks again.

Here’s Nicko16’s video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XsmoZJmG8&t=4s