Goop [Unity Game Project]

Hello blender users. I am attempting to make a full game in Unity3D as well as document good habits when designing a game with blender as the modeling package. This thread is the WIP and support thread for this game. I have looked at 3DBuzz and Unity Cookie tutorial videos and believe with dedication, this game can and will be a reality. :smiley:

This is a bit odd. I am trying to pose the character so that he is hanging on a rope. I figured IK would be best suited for this. I have provided a blend file for analysis. Any suggestions on how to get the desired pose, or why I am not?

A couple suggestions on presentation and a couple on the model.

Use the factory default window setup. (If we know where everything is, it’s quicker for us to navigate and find the problem quicker)

Please parent the bone shapes to something so they don’t clutter the outliner. (again, this makes it easier to navigate.)

Please move the forward kinematic bones to a bone layer that isn’t selected. (hiding bones makes it easier to only select ones we are suppose to select.)

About the model, first thing i noticed is that the hand turns around the wrist. If you’re trying to make something that mimics human movement, the forearm needs to turn with the hand.

Thank you for the tips. I parented the bone shapes to an Empty. The bone layers are specific to the purpose they serve. This upload should explain it better in the text. I saved this version out with default settings so it should be familiar to all users. Un-check the Load UI box when you load the file if navigation is still confusing.

About the model, first thing i noticed is that the hand turns around the wrist. If you’re trying to make something that mimics human movement, the forearm needs to turn with the hand.
Not sure what you mean by the forearm should turn with the hand? Do you mean the forearm should twist? I could break the rig bone into two bones, one for at the wrist and one for at the elbow. Then blend the rotations so it looks like a gradual twist.

Still need some help on the IK problem. I’m pretty sure arms can’t go through the body like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Goop_Player_FORUMPOST02B.blend (973 KB)