Goz for blender 2.8

Hey it works well on latest version.

1 Like

Hi guys, why is my mesh being imported below the floor? I need it to match perfectly

Set elevation to zero to see real floor location in zbrush. its in the draw pallet.
Otherwise move it blender and send it back

2 Likes

When using the latest GoZ for Blender version 3.0 alpha (the Sculpt Dev build to be precise), I get this error message when trying to export a scene from Blender:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\GoB-3_5_56\GoB.py", line 1252, in invoke
    bpy.ops.scene.gob_export(as_tool=as_tool)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\3.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.scene.gob_export.poll() failed, context is incorrect

hello i meet this problem. i changed blender version but still meet this information.i can import projet form zbruh to blender. but i can’t export to zbrush

@yunfeng can you try to run blender with admin rights? the addon tries to create the zbrush config files over so zbrush is aware of blender and that seems to require some additional permission.

Forgot to mention that I’ve updated ZBrush to 2021.7.1. Might that have something to do with the export issue?

i think its more a issue with the alpha version of blender since there was also a issue on the automatic import. i will give it a try and see if i can see whats causing the error

1 Like

Great, thanks! :+1:

@Metin_Seven where can i find that sculpt dev branch? with the alpha i do not get the error. can you tell me what you had selected when you try to export? also are you using shift or alt modifier when exporting?
if possible can you provide a blend file which can reproduce the error?

It works fine here. ZBrush 2021.7.1 - Blender 2.93.5 Candidate.

It turned out that I hadn’t selected objects yet, sorry. :blush: If it’s possible, a message stating that would be welcome.

1 Like

thanx for your replay! i try to run blender and zbrush with admin rights ,but it looks still haveing this problem .

@Metin_Seven the export button should be greyed out if nothing is selected with this fix: https://github.com/kromar/blender_GoB/tree/avoid-invalid-export-context

@yunfeng can you try to run the GoZ installer? maybe its not properly installed. there is a button in the addons preferences to run it. (note zbrush needs to be closed)

2 Likes

I just installed latest GoB and latest 3.0 alpha. Also on ZB 2021.7.1 and it’s working fine with manual. Auto-import from Blender is insta-crash.

2 Likes

strange i cant get it to crash, can you list the exact steps you do that it crashes?

Yes, it was just crashing on a straight import from ZB>Blender. If I first establish the link by going Blender>ZB>Blender, it doesn’t crash.

i made some fixes and tried to improve the object name suffix support to avoid the replacement of all dots in the names, since i expect some other renaming scenarios that i did not consider it would be great to get some testing on this change.

@JTenebrous a i made the Raw Names the default from now on so i can get more reports in and iron out the remaining issues.

also i got reports that the latest alpha versions fixed the crashes for some, so if you experience import crashes try to update to the latest 3.0 nightly

5 Likes

i updated the branch with another fix (v3.5.64), it seems to be a pattern that suffixes in zbrush that extend 1 character will be removed when not having a special set of caracters.

this works:
.L
.R

this does not work:
.L0
.L_001

and would need to be transformed into something like this to work:
.L0_0
.X0_001
.L0_001

since that gets quite confusing i think the proper solution is to keep the dot with suffix that are 1 character and everything above that will get the dot replaced by a underline as it did for some time now. With that the options for the raw names can be removed and become a new default behavior since it handles the .L .R which i assume are most commonly used as expected.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, auto import is indeed working now with latest Blender alpha. :+1:

3 Likes