GPL + BGE + Godot

If you read the rest of the page, you’ll see it makes distinctions between system libraries and non-system libraries. Both are treated very differently. There is a big difference between something written to work with just one other program vs something that adds functionality to the whole OS that’s designed to be called by lots of things.

IANAL, but it looks like GIMP has adjusted the license, as explained in my previous post. If you look at the stickied “The GPL Answer Thread”, they go over why that can’t be done with Blender (or at least, not without significant effort due to the 3rd party libraries Blender uses).

–edit–
The original point is that it’s messy. All it would take for a new member to be scared off is to read this thread and realise how much they’d have to understand about the license. This should not be a barrier to entry.

I’m happy to give back to GPL software — in fact, if you’ve read my earlier posts, it outlines my intentions.

You know, GNU + Linux is not adopted for 2 key reasons: (1) It lacks GAMES, and (2) it lacks a kick-ass EXCLUSIVE software.

Now imagine there is an AWESOME game that has A3I characters with (a) emotions, (b) independent thoughts, (c) memory. What most AI systems that exist so far, are very primitive. They rely on “behavior trees” which is tedious to code, and produces very boring repetitive behavior. In other words it is not very fun to play.

I’m developing unique cutting-edge technology that solves this problem. But as I just said above, if it is released to public then both (1) and (2) above is voided. Even if it is GPL, do you think big corporations or game devs will respect it?! No, they will find some way to say “they developed it” — which is blatant lie and absurd.

I grew up very impoverished life (compared to others), in that I had to be frugal to survive. So I know everyone, rich or poor, able or handicapped, young or old, male or female, enjoy a good game. But most games are in-accessible, either because of cost, technical expertise, or badly designed and crafted games. :slight_smile: So here is my plan solution:

(1) Create simple but fun game(s) in BGE + Godot. Release it under my TDCL (Tian Di Community License), as well as GPL when required. Those interested can “reverse engineer” it to learn, but I hope they don’t make cheap asset flips.

(2) Create 1 or 2 kick-ass games that is EXCLUSIVE but FREE, for my custom GNU + Linux distro.

(3) Create commercial next-gen games that will be loved for decades to come.

living in the fear that that everything you do will be stolen is the reason why nothing good is released in first place.

create a github account that clearly makes it known you are you, and anyone who tries to steal your credit will be met with a solid law suit.

the whole point of open source licensing is to share and grow knowledge. but there is a price. it not yours, its the worlds.

“… and when everyone’s super, no one will be.” -Syndrome, The Incredibles

regardless, a good game is a good game, and i will happily pay for one. heck, i rather pay a premium for a good cross platform game then get a linux only one for free.

‘PRECISION SKILLS’

I’ve just invented a new controller input that will revolutionize skill based game playing for the future. Similar to how 3D or network advanced Game Play.

It’s very simple to implement, and allows both PRO gamers and REGULAR gamers to both play together. I just finished outlining my future Game plans ---- There will be 8 games which will be done in BGE. Of those 8 games, 4 will be remade using GODOT. An additional 8 games (4 in BGE, 4 in Godot) will be simpler versions of those 4 games ---- released with FULL ASSETS + CODE.

The 8 games will be split into 2 categories: (1) Easy Fun Mobile & (2) Skill Based Laptop/PC Epics.

Only 3 will integrate my “PRECISION SKILLS” control mechanics.

That is all the secret info I can provide at the moment. The first ‘Precision Skills’ based game will be called “FEI DOU” (aka “Extreme Fighters”) ----- it is a modern / near future action shoot mecha fighting open world strategy romance adventure skill based game.

Most games are very limited in their general appeal. However, my vision is to create something the whole family, the entire world can enjoy together. It will be a pleasant gift to all of us who wish there was something fun to do.

You will not hear much from me (aside occasional posts) as I focus on completing this vision.

One more think I would like to introduce / mention:

Even though I want to create fun & stimulating games, I don’t want people playing it too much.

So I will develop 2 main versions: (1) Kids / Students / Workers, & (2) Pro / Retirees.

It works as follows. The first version (1) only allows you to play a certain number of times, within the following time window: 4 - 8 AM & 4 - 8 PM. This allows students & workers to have balance play / work life. The second version (2) extends the time to 4 - 12 midnight & 4 - 12 noon.

Furthermore, there will be small breaks between each game session, which I haven’t finalized but approximately 15 - 20 minutes. This will allow for Gamers to cook, go to washroom, stretch, exercise, look after baby / kids, study, etc. The mandatory breaks ~5 minutes.

Also, I will limit to total time gaming, to help those who have Gaming Addiction problems. Yes, all this sounds like I’m restricting game play to “adults” ----- But in realty games are both fun & stimulating. However, too much of anything is not good. :slight_smile:

One of the games will be 100% FREE (including all the assets + code). It will be a learning game that is FUN (yes, I know learning is not so much fun). It will be teaching Language (80% Mandarin, 10% Japanese, 10% Vietnamese) + Math (add, sub, mult, div, powers, sqrt, etc) using the Abacus. :slight_smile:

This game will have no time limit — you can use it any time of day. It will be geared for both Laptop & Mobile.

The tricky part about claims that one is the inventor of a certain game mechanic is that with millions of games having been created and available ‘somewhere’ on the web, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to come up with something that can be referred to as genuinely original with nothing similar in anything else. The one exception then is if you’re working in a cutting edge genre or control scheme enabled by new technology (VR, AR, a brand new game console, ect…).

When I was working in GameMaker (approx. 15 years back), I was making a couple of breakout games and thought myself as a trailblazer who was putting in features never seen before (but later realized it was based on my limited knowledge of what titles I saw for myself out of the many I’ve never heard of).

That is an uninformed thing to say. How can one judge if he knows not the details?!

Of course this is just one of many novel creations you aren’t aware of. There is no need to worry since it does not yet exist ‘somewhere’ on the web ---- Although it is very easy to implement, nothing similar to it exists. Nor is the past or current development focused in this direction.

your intentions may be good, but i will never allow a machine to dictate how i spend my time or what choices i make. in the end, what will prevent some one to just pick up another game?

the farthest i suggest you take this time limit is a warning box after the game is been continuosly interacted with for over 6 hours. a warning which can be FULLY DISABLED in the settings.

i also cant stand the constant nagging of car android systems about safety. i could put up with once a day.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Edit: i just want you to know im not trying to troll, and only wish you the best of success. by eating away at freedoms is not a good way to sell games.

no matter what limits you impose, it wont take long for someone to hack them. all you will end up with is a rep as a tyrant or control freak.

Just because a mechanic was not discovered through searching on Google (or Baidu or whatever you use going off your username) does not mean it never existed.

I’m just saying that if you want to market your games as cutting edge and innovative titles (as hinted by your posts), then you will need to make sure the point can be backed up (as you would otherwise have a lot of angry gamers giving bad reviews).

So how does Precision Skill allow pros and newcomers to play together (that isn’t already covered by other concepts with different names, such as handicaps and adjustable controls)?