GPL Discussion

The funny thing is also that none can estimate , predict or be aware of the Blender adoption. Blender does not track users, does not inspect companies using it threatening to sue them , it does not have an over sized marketing department.

We know about Blender adoption by people posting this forum their work like this guy

Or accidentally spot Blender in how to, behind the scenes videos published on YouTube, blog posts, facebook etc.

We just some random people come here and claim that Blender is dying , or pros don’t really care about the apps etc. We have seen these threads tons of time and here we are.

I remember reading like a decade ago a review in 3D World about the current version of Blender. At some point I thought that I was reading a post here because of how vitriolic it was for other 3d apps , the usual suspect, how they improve their UIs and the rate they add new features and how much it praised Blender overall.

Can’t imagine their review for Blender 2.8 , posting it here probably will be reason enough for getting a permanent ban for trolling :smiley:

Oh and about that review, in its Blender cons, there was no mention , at all , about the GPL license. There was some genuine justified criticism, mostly about the viewport and some other problematic features.