GPU for HP Workstation Z600

Hi.

I have HP Z600 Workstation, that I’ve got from a friend.

HP Z600 Workstation
RAM: 16GB DDR3
CPU: Intel Xeon E5620 2.40GHz (2 processors)
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

I was thinking about using it with Blender. So first thing I would change is that GPU.
I don’t render animations with Blender too often, I am mainly interested in using Blender with Eevee smoothly and maybe create some assets for UE4 or Unity. What kind of GPU would be enough for that?
I suspect that I don’t really need a monster of a card for that purpose, and that’s fine as I can’t really afford anything hi-tier.
I was thinking about something like Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB, I could perhaps squeeze more cash for something a bit better if the quality change would be noticable for my purposes.
I know there are a lot of people here who really know their gear. I don’t really know a lot about hardware so please school me.

Thanks, Czerw

Your WS, as far as I was able to find, has a 650W psu (80+ bronze), so it will be able to handle most of the modern gpus (even though it’s a bit old machine). Due to motherboard restrictions, any gpu will run at max pcie gen 2.0, but that won’t be a problem.

I would probably get a gtx 1060 6gb, like this one https://geizhals.de/asus-dual-geforce-gtx-1060-90yv09x4-m0na00-a1479005.html?hloc=at&hloc=de, mostly gor the bigger VRam (6 vs 4gb), which could be useful to you for some future tasks (gpu rendering)…