GPU ram.

Hi there. My GPU has only 1GB of RAM.
And sometimes I reach scenes that consume to much memory to be rendered on the GPU.
Is there anyway to still render the scene with the same result without using the CPU?
Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Btw, just making sure, would having an extra GPU bottleneck the memory to the lowest (As I expect) or add them both together?

No way, it already use only GPU for actual integrator. CPU only prepare data, upload to GPU RAM and periodically check state to update viewport to get render less dull for user.

Btw, just making sure, would having an extra GPU bottleneck the memory to the lowest (As I expect) or add them both together?

Yes, lowest memory will be used for limit, GPU RAM cannot be shared (theoretically, latest modern GPU have limited support of unified address space, but even if it will be used, memory bandwidth between cards orders of magnitude slower then internal GPU bus, it not worth)

All u can do is to close all programs other than Blender, set small tile size and reduce the textures resolution to the indispensable minimum. If u use some gray maps, u could also combine three of them into one rgb file and use it with ‘Separate RGB’ node. I’ve tested it with 4096x4096 map and the combined RGB version took ~126 MB of GPU memory less than three separate gray files.