Grabbing/Moving faces along the Normal (Blender 2.49) SOLVED

Greetings, I’ve been looking for some info on how to grab and move a face/vertices along the normal, like when you press X, Y or Z to lock the movement in the respective axis, of said face/vertice. What I’m trying to do is move a face just like when you extrude a new region, the default is moving that new region along the normal.
I tried pressing lots of keys but none seem to have worked, so is this possible at all? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Click Alt + Space then choose “Normal”.

Hello and thanks for the quick reply rvngizswt! I tried using Alt + Space and I get an Orientation Menu, then I select “Normal” but it doesn’t lock onto the normal axis like when you extrude a new region. Although I think it makes it easier to move along the normal without moving off to the sides as much. Then again I might be imagining things xD.
Did I miss a step, or maybe I mistakenly altered some blender configuration? Once again thank you very much for taking the time to read and reply to this :slight_smile:

I figured out thanks to a friend what I was missing to move stuff along the normal, its quite simple at that too. My 3D manipulator was off and when you do Alt + Space then choose “normal” basically when you touch a face in face mode, the 3D manipulator fixes itself tothe normal of the face then I can grab the arrows and move it as I please! Thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

To do this without the widget use G and press the axis letter twice, eg G X X to move along the X normal axis.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/3D_interaction/Manipulation/Transform_Orientations#Axis_Locking