Gradient help

How do I make a gradient? from white to clear/transparent…

Syl

Add a “Blend” texture mapped to “Col”, open the colorband and set up 2 colors 0 and 1; make one white with Alpha 1 and the other white with alpha 0.

%<

Well I must be missing something. I have white and the alpha "color under the ramps tab. On the Map to tab I have col and Mix selected. And the material is still solid

Ramps are different than Blend textures. Did you add a new texture and make it a Blend in the texture buttons? Also try turning on Ztransp in the Mirror Transp panel in the material buttons.

-Laurifer

Okay I turn off the ramps. Set the texture to Blend and turn on Z TransP. The material is still solid. Are the any tutorials on creating different types of materials?

Syl

Materials (F5) are where you are now. You need to go to Textures (F6) and add a new texture, then, where it says “None” open that menu and select type “Blend”. Then select the “Colors” tab and open the colorband (which is the same display but NOT the same colorband you found in ramps).

Here’s a .blend with all the settings:
http://blender.isoserv.com/uploads/Blend.blend

%<

Thanks for the file. I really appreciate it. I did not have the alpha value set to 0 and selected on “map to” tab.

Syl