Grandma's ambrosia have been surprising lately

Hey Folks,

this started as a little shader exploration after work and it has turned into a small scene. I thought it might be elaborated enough to show here. This is a resized JPG for the thread. Full rez PNG is available at imgur.

Blender, Cycles, 5,500 samples, 6 hours render on a GTX 970. Postproduction in Gimp.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

minoribus

Attachments

So granma would eat the jelly and shoot us with the bullet, if we didn’t hide her teeth?

The dish has kind of a chrome vanadium look, so she may have a plan B.

:thumbsup:

HaHaHa, “Return my teeth or bite the bullet” :smiley:

Thanks a lot, muhuk.

‘Yummy!’ (grabs the spoon)
Great job minoribus!

HaHaHa, “Return my teeth or bite the bullet”

…Or like the old classic rock song …“Give me back my bullets” :slight_smile:

Grandma would be proud… great job on this one!

gr8! and Harleynut, thanks for stopping by and your nice compliments! I appreciate it much :slight_smile:

Here is the shader for the green jelly, if someone is interested.

Must be used with a bit of caution. Starting with 2.77 this shader gave me different results on GPU and CPU. The CPU render was much darker than the GPU version. The results were the same, when the volume absorption or the scattering alone was used. But the mix node led to a strong difference in the result.

I filed a bug report for that, and I was told that this difference came from the fact that MIS volume is enabled by default now and that MIS on volumes for GPU would be eventually supported at some time.

But anyway, I like the result of that shader.

Attachments

Haha! Nice work! The shading and texturing look very realistic. :smiley:

where you take that photo? wrong section this work will post in Photography section.

Must be used with a bit of caution. Starting with 2.77 this shader gave me different results on GPU and CPU. The CPU render was much darker than the GPU version. The results were the same, when the volume absorption or the scattering alone was used. But the mix node led to a strong difference in the result.

Hey I have the same type of problem but with all 2.7x versions, since the the 2.69 give me less darker renders compared to the 2.7x in cycles, I’m using a ADM, so what change in 2.7 to happen that?

great work mate!

Hi minoribus

Here in SA we have a saying that if somebody got shot that he took a lead pill.

Seems Grandma has taken that very seriously. :smiley:

As usual great work.

Shaun

Thank you very much, neon15. I was going for the most realistic result I could achieve with my current set of skills.

HaHa, you encourage me to think that it has turned out not too bad :slight_smile: Thanks for the kind words.

Hm, I haven’t noticed a difference between 2.69 and 2.7x in the way that all renders are darker. In my case the volume of the jelly was brighter compared between CPU and GPU. I’m using an AMD processor on my main render machine also. Normally I render on GPU, though. I did a test with an older scene and rendered it in 2.69 and 2.77a on CPU. But I could not see a difference in the brightness. Do you use an AMD GPU?

Thanks, man! That’s a very metaphorical say, you got in SA. We don’t have anything comparable here in Germany. But Grandma surely want’s to tell something … :spin: