Graphic Card woes

Anyone have an IBM 600e laptop? Do you create games on it? I do and its extreamly hard considering everytime I put a texture on a face it slows the frame rate down to 1 or 2… but i found that if i take the camera and place it further away it significantly increases the frame rate… Is there anything I can do software wise that can increase the framerate? I dont feel like upgrading parts right now…

one thing you can do is size your 3d view window really small

Yah i noticed that too… it gets anoying tho… but I have th NEOMagic Display Card for the laptop… sucks i guess… I don’t know why tho, I can play plenty of games with textured graphics with actually good speed, yet when it comes to blender I seem to not beable to play anyones compliled game at the same speed as I would if I were to play, lets say, Tom Clancy’s Raindbow Six, which has plenty of textured faces…

Is the graphic card´s driver updated?

Im not sure because it seems that my laptop isnt supported by IBM anymore… and im on Windows 98 so i know if theres any updates in drivers they wont be after the year 2000… Ive looked everywhere for some driver for the NeoMagic cards that come with the machine, the only one i seen that came remotly close was an xp version just released about a few months ago… anyone know who makes the NeoMagic card?

Maybe they have good DirectX drivers (blender doesn’t use those if I recall well), and (no offense meant) sucky OpenGL drivers (Blender uses this :slight_smile: )…

%|

non taken, but i thought OpenGL was the only way Blender would run?