GraphicAll.org infected!!!

79.135.152.197 appears to be allocated to an ISP in Latvia. Graphicall’s IP address is 64.13.206.221. Perhaps the problems are coming from a bad DNS. Check that the setting is what it ought to be.

Same warning with Safari… Nothing blocked… yet a warning.
Any OSX user knowing if it’s windows-only? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Little correction
I have to accept 3 times to ignore the warning before having the site appear. After that, i’ll have to chose the OS in the scroll list… Othewise the warning message just comes back with leaving the GraphicAll site! :confused:

Hi All,

Graphical.org seems to be completey blocked now with Google even saying it’s an untrusted site. Such a shame as I cannot upload my builds to the site at all. Will continue building and once the maintainer(s) manage to sort this serous problem out I will upload once more.

Cog

Not only Graphicall.org is blocked but also http://projects.blender.org/tracker/

This is what i got when trying to access it

This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to projects.blender.org, but we can’t confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site’s identity can’t be verified.

:evilgrin::evilgrin: Google’s trying to push SketchUp forward! :RocknRoll::eek::eek::evilgrin:

That thought crossed my mind :smiley:

Oh dear this gets more serous by the minute. I hope developers, maintainers et al are watching this thread?

Cog

Same problem here with Windows and Firefox. I also tried IE without addons, and although it was hapy to show the page, when trying to download a file it gave a warning that the file was blocked, and I would do so at my own risk. Without knowing the risks (if any) I am loathe to use the site at present. :frowning:

Don’t forget there’s the Zoo-Blender site for daily builds. They don’t have the variety that graphicall offers, but you can at least get a daily build. I hope the admins at graphicall get things sorted out soon.

http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/index.php3?zoo=com

With Opera everything seems to work fine

The certificate problem is due to the site using https, and the digital signature to verify the site has expired two days ago… sigh.

For now, is possible to ignore it, but still poses a problem.

I don’t recall that graphicall was using https. I doubt it.

Confirm that projects.blender.org has an expired security certificate, according to Firefox 3.6.8 on 'doze Vista. Not necessarily a sign of infection as much as possible admin inattention to details.

Works fine with Opera Browser. And also you can use Chrome (Less annoying than Firefox with regards to Graphicall)

It could be as simple as the date has been incorrectly set on the server. However, users out there will not be as savi as system gurus. Perhaps these are 2 isolated incidents but they need sorting or will have a negative inpact on Blenders name.

Cog

you can always override with google chrome and proceed anyways.

graphicall.org should be avoided at all costs. I will not say exactly why but that site has had holes in its security for a long time. My apologies to the maintainers of that site but now that the security problem has been made so obviously public, I have to say this.

Just as an example, it is possible to change any build on that web site without even logging in. It’s possible to change comments, post descriptions, and upload revised builds.

I’ve been posting my own builds there for about a year it seems. It’s a pity that it has to end this way. I’ll continue to build Blender on a daily basis. Not sure where I’ll post them for the public anymore. I suppose it would be best to host the files on my own web server. For now, I guess everyone will just have to build from svn.

The bug tracker at blender.org.

IS NOT infected.

They just have to update their security certificate. The certificate is two days old but is still good.

Someone said: “It’s my understanding that there are very few viruses for mac and linux OS…”

Not true.

“you can always override with…” Don’t override the security warnings unless you know how to program web pages. That’s not good advice.

With Safari too… Juste three “damn clicks more to do” }8-{|-

P.S. With Camino it works straight away…

(wispered paranoia)I think Google has less control over less used browsers!(/wispered paranoia) :eyebrowlift2:

Don’t listen to the above advice. Don’t override!!!

Well, what could it be?
Nothing is asking for the password… Therefor, nothing could be installed without being seen… I guess…