Graphics Daily

A fellow fractal lover… Mandelbulb is awesome. Thanks for the kind words!

Over 9000!

1 Like

These are so amazing!

@ Crystus Thanks!

Cage D

1 Like

Mecha Doodle

Wow, what a nice style you have going here. It’s definitely unique compared to the rather common subjects in these forums (which are nature scenes, human heads, and arch-vis).

Keep at it, I like how there seems to be a harmony between the areas of high and low detail.

Thanks Ace! I think harmony is the key word here; that’s what I’m trying to find/achieve for my scenes. So far I’m having a lot of fun too!

Dive Inn

1 Like

Snake

2 Likes

I was wondering if you start with a concept and work towards it, or play around with techniques until it clicks? I sometimes find that I’ll get a good result from playing but then go past that and ruin it by adding to much.

It’s a bit of both tbh. I usually start with an idea. Examples: for the Snake image I knew I wanted to build a glass metaball thingy and for the Dive Inn image I wanted to generate some interesting geometry and try an odd and complex cycles material. I then work with it until it clicks and the image, colors and composition look interesting. I use both cycles and BI and still getting surprised at how good results BI can give.

Thanks for the insight. I must admit I’m returning to bi mostly for render times but there’s a lot of cool effects in there if you know where to look. It’s just not for free like it is in cycles.

Glass Distortion

Summer Mix No384

Look great but diabolic (in my opinion)

Diabolic? Now I’ve heard it all!

Adam - Stage One

Cosmic Dice

Mr Hyde

These are amazing, I love the style! But wouldn’t this be better suited in the Sketchbook section? I’m not very sure, I’m new here lol but just saying.

Not sure about it too. I think it fits the finished projects simply cause every image uploaded here is a finished, complete artwork. If the mods think it should be moved I won’t complain. Glad you like them!

Ab Infinitum

The cosmic dice would look especially good with a higher resolution and some slight variation among the different sides (depending on which way they’re meant to face, just like with real dice).

The infinity image also looks pretty good, and again could use a higher resolution.