Graphics Pen Tablet Choice?

I don’t know if this is the right thread to post in,but, I need help choosing a pen tablet to work with.

I was thinking of choosing one of these:

Monoprice
Wacom Bamboo
Wacom Bamboo Capture
Wacom Bamboo Craft

Please choose which ones best to buy at the poll at the top of this page :smiley:

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

I use the Wacom Create and am amazed how nice it is. I have not used the Monoprice. I would recommend the Wacoms, if you are just a hobbyist. If you are a professional, it will not do, nor will the other three. If you’re a pro, save yourself the headache and go with at least the middle middle sized Intuos. Anyways, on all of them, they are very responsive and pressure levels are very good. The software which is required to use is supported only on Mac and Windows, except for the Fun, which has a very limited linux support (Ubuntu, maybe Fedora). Lastly, don’t go with the Craft, get the updated version since it is less buggy, especially on the newest operating systems. Whichever you chose, you can’t go wrong.

The monoprice is amazing and a great value.

I have the largest one available, and after all costs, it was about $150 canadian.

There is so far only one draw back. I use linux and the majority of the apps don’t support it, which means no pressure sensitivity, that includes blender.

Works fantastically with Mypaint though.

I think you’ll have better luck if you work with windows.

I would get the monoprice.

i have Genius mousepen tablet for almost a year. few weeks ago, my stylus was not working since head point was broken. It was not able to apart to fix it. I had to replace it with new one. I got it last week. The new one seems functionally well but I tried to select mesh on 3D viewport. It wont selected and figure it out and could not find something wrong with right button on stylus even pad on notepad with right buttom is working. I want to use stylus buttons insteads of laptop pad buttons. Do you have any idea how to get it work?

I googled about monoprice. it is so cool than my tablet. i am considering to get it such soon…