Graphics problem

hi,

I am new to Blender;

my pc has low graphics;
So games dnt run in GLSL materials

and in other modes either the game runs slow or blender crashes, when i add more enviornment,textures or levels in my game.

pls give me some tips so that my games work well;

pls help!

thnx

asassion11.

Hello asassion11. I am sorry to hear that your computer sucks. So does mine. My suggestion to you is that you, first of all, get a new graphics card, that way it will support GLSL materials. I got an NVidia GForce 3800 or something, don’t remember exactly, fo only $30. My computer now supports GLSL. You should invest in it. :slight_smile:
Next, optimize your computer. Find out what is slowing it down. Perhaps you have too many programs installed (as with my computer :slight_smile: ), or you have some virus’s on your computer, or maybe it’s just plain slow. If you have too many programs installed, uninstall every one that you probably won’t use, it helps alot. If you have a virus, look for the source and get rid of it. If it’s just a slow computer, old, and doesn’t run well, I suggest opening your task manager and setting Blender’s priority all up when you use it. Close all programs you don’t need running. Deprioritize programs that do not need to run fast.
Good luck,
Micah

Not sure how old your computer is but now you can get a good desktop cheaply. Invest in one with a good graphics card if you plan to continue with the game engine, that way you can take advantage of what the GE has to offer. if you don’t want to do that see if you can get one of these graphic cards below to work on your computer, they all support GLSL. My old graphics died so i got the Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS that one fit on my computer and cost $65.00 make sure you also install the latest driver

• ATI Radeon 9x00, Xx00, X1x00, HD2x00 and HD3x00 series and newer.
  • NVidia Geforce FX, 6x00, 7x00, 8x00, 9x00 and GTX 2x0 and newer

digiman