Graphics Settings using XP

Thanks for the update ideasman42, I realize my problem is not as severe as others. As it stands right now if I want to use the program on my XP laptop. I can drop out of hardware acc. or put up with the flipping between a prior screen and the one that I am actually on. The Linux PC is a few years old and it was purchased mainly as a “mobile device” for work. I still love using it but the SSHD is only 4 GB. So the hardware is very limited on that one too. I was hoping by asking here (about 6 months ago) that some one was going to write back saying, “HEY you dumb blonde there is a toggle for this in the user menu.” I can still use the program on other machines in the house, I am just disappointed that a brand new laptop wasn’t functioning well with it.

EDIT: Update

My husband got some time aside to look at this ongoing problem. He is hard to understand sometimes but said the problem lies here:

GetProcAddress(0x5ED00000 [OPENGL32.DLL], "wglSwapBuffers") called from "GDI32.DLL" at address 0x77F4601A and returned 0x5ED266A4.
LoadLibraryA("OPENGL32") called from "GDI32.DLL" at address 0x77F46007.
LoadLibraryA("OPENGL32") returned 0x5ED00000.

I have no idea what this means just that he said it would require either running a patch on the Blender or the s3gigpgl.DLL so if there is anyone more into this than I am, just an FYI to add this info in case you happen to be into programming.

Solved our problems, Blackening Bear, believe in me (I had the same problem, and my laptop with the same graphics card than yours is back!)
So, I downloaded the Opengl32.dll at http://rapidshare.com/files/174158292/opengl32_blender_.rar , put it on blenderdir, and… yooorayyy!!
No removing hardware acceleration, no strange gliffs… See ya, and happy blending!! :yes:

Thank you very much, Pedrodx, this version of opengl worked like a charm. My menus work perfectly, I opened my largest blender file (17MB) and no visual lags. The flickering or the flash is gone too. I will get this file mirrored on other file sites since (no offense) rapidshare makes you wait. My son has an account on File Front and other sites. The more locations will also make this easier to find.

Thank You Very Much.