Grass - BI vs Cycles

texture Particle strands are missing, color ramps, transparency, enviroment plus a animation of the grass growing and moving is way more likely.

I’m sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say. Missing from what? Are you saying these things are missing in cycles? Not animation of grass growing, color ramps, transparency, or environment. Are you saying I should have these in my test? It is just a test. Is this talking about something else completely?
Sorry if I sound like a grammar nazi, but I cannot understand your point. Please use complete thoughts.

Personally, i don’t think that either rendering engine is better than the other, they both have certain merits and downfalls, especially with the original image at the start of this post, the difference in shading is probably due to different lighting effects in BI and Cycles.

Here’s a project i just recently finished involving BI:

Nike Air Max recent featuring a mixture of dark-olive colored nubuck and artificial leather-based on best of the whitened midsole. The Nike Air Max has even additional approaches to create your comfort a priority. close to the ankle is acknowledged as a Velcro strap in volt thats produced for additional support. we return to just black. regarded pattern for Nike oxygen Max efficiency and minimal environmental result leather-based overlays for assistance and durability Nike Air Max Mesh in upper and ankle region to boost ventilation and breathability Full-length polyurethane midsole for durability.Nike air max not only in performance with a powerful force within the style also has a manufacturing process of the United States. Excellent arc tangent cool handsome design. Loved by many individuals, both living and working inside the field or inside the more than may be had inside the scene. Million project also has a sense of normalization, air max 95 Series in 25 years. air max shoes high point is its adaptability, need to say air max air cushion at the superior shock absorption. For each and every a veteran athlete, to defend their own well being is really a good factor,Nike Total 90 Laser Shoes, nonetheless. Even so, low cost air max shoes has become the only patron, sweat under the tread Walker.Nike Air Max 95 is one of the classic shoes of Nike Air Max. They are classic Nike Air Max shoes including the nike air max 95, nike air max 90 are thought to be a number of the very best shoes created and produced by Nike. Runners have put it, a various feeling, nevertheless, the key technology. It did not well know by public until a couple years following the release. Nike air max shoes in the sports world reason to account for independence, said the very first,Adidas Adipower Predator, precisely mainly because the readily available technology is really high technical level. In what both can do a really very good effect!

really many great results here …
I think your newer version looks quite good. I think you just oversaw the the comment of monsterdog:

The one of negativa is also very impressive as the one above n1k and jonathan landscape also blows me away … goodness, what a nice river in between of such beautiful meadows.

When i consider the results of Blenderguru and David Ward, i think, the guys who can, really can with both, but cycles seems much better in special cases.
http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/introduction-to-cycles
The uppermost image of creating a realistic watersplash also convinces me a lot: http://www.blenderguru.com/
Okay, i don’t know if that wasn’t possible in BI, too … i like both :). (and at the moment one has to combine both of them anyway when using smoke).

i’ve looked at the node tree for your grass instanced object but i just don’t understand them. how exactly are you accomplishing this grass? would you mind by chance posting a little description about what you’ve done with your nodes?

Ive been working on some dead brown grass for my current scene.
http://www.richardsphoto.com/images/forums/gub_housing15.jpg

huh? how come you can make grass in cycles, give me some tuts please… I prefer cycles…

Actually I am in the process of creating a tutorial for grass in cycles for Blender Cookie, so in a few weeks you should get your wish. It should help with pretty much any type of grass you need for any scene.

so here is a quick I did for a scene. ignore the cheesy land mines. my material was really simple just a diffuse and a translucent with a mix node with a factor of 0.5. There is an image placed over it.

(50 samples) after rendering i only changed exposure and gamma and i added defocus filter

__
sorry for my English

Thank you :smiley:

U can put the .blend file ? the image looks fantastic !!! :yes:

Perfect ! :yes: