Grass on a Sunset Lake

(jar862) #1

Something simple I did while working on creating my own HDRI images for lighting. The environment image was created in Terragen 3 and used to light the scene in Cycles. The grass is from the Grass Essentials pack. Composting done in Blender. No post work outside of Blender. Think samples were 500 or so… I forget. Anyway, thought I’d share.

(ShadowCamero) #2

Great job! This looks really nice. :slight_smile:

(Speed7) #3

Hi jar862

Looks really good.

Shaun

(Jamie B) #4

Nice work on the HDR image mate, very nice and warm lighting :slight_smile:

Are you planning on releasing any of you’re HDR’s for download? I’m always on the hunt for more!!! :smiley:

(engine9) #5

Превосходная работа!

(Zweshi) #6

I really like this render, a lot of summer feeling :). Great work.

(jar862) #7

Thanks for the compliments.

Jamie B. - I hadn’t really given it a thought, usually because each HDR I do is made for a specific purpose and sometimes doesn’t translate well. But since you asked, here’s the image I used for this file. When I rendered it I only made it 4000x2000 so it doesn’t hold up real well as a background unless you blur the camera, which is what I had intended for this image. Here’s a link to the .exr file. (link expires in a week or so)

(Jamie B) #8

thanks man, i usually dont have the camera see the world anyway, i just use HDR’s for quick environment lighting. This should come in handy at some point or other :slight_smile:

(Jamie B) #9

This is a good image man :slight_smile: just checked it out now. Thanks for including the EXR file. The image scales up really well, i got it to over 6k and it still looks good :slight_smile: