Hi… Again, long time without posting on this forums (work is crazy around here)…
I’ve been testing Blender’s Render branch from time to time and in general is still very buggy and unstable, but today in an hour of “free” time I did this quick test and I’m pretty satisfied for a “quick” test.
I used a plane subdivided + a Subsurf modifier, polygon subdivision activated (Render Branch), GI and some simple node work for color corrections and vignetting (all procedural).
Nothing photo realistic but I think it worth the post
I’m pleasantly surprised that Blender’s micro-polygon displacement is better and easier to use than Max/mental ray’s… Great work devs!
Image uploaded with ImageShack.us