Graswald - News and Work in Progress

Just realized: You don’t need graswald installed to render a scene made by graswald. Everything is packed into the blends so you don’t need access to the source blends either. Unless you want to link materials and such so the files are smaller, in which case this will be a lot of testing on my end. It’s on the to-do list, but a little lower. Trying to get large scale things done first.

1 Like

Really waiting for this one. In archviz business small super detailed grass scenes are rarely needed. My dual rtx 2080 ti pc is really hating me for abusing Graswald for large archviz scenes… :slight_smile:

Thanks @KareemAlgalaly
That’s basically our current workaround, so I get lowering the priority. I wrote a script to copy all required images to a user-specified location, unpacking as needed. It works, but it’s prone to user error if the step is forgotten and drive clutter if different artists are processing the packed files.
The last time I checked, the packed images made up the vast majority of the addon size…don’t recall exactly but it was something like 800 or 900 megs of the 930MB total.

Glad you’re lowering the priority and not removing the request altogether!

Thanks again

1 Like
2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Graswald - News and Work in Progress:

i’m getting an error similar to this

Try closing and re-opening blender? That issue should be fixed in the official 2.8 release

I hope this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know how I would colour the grass white? I want to create a football (soccer) pitch and use Graswald. I’d like the markings to be like real life, like painted grass.

Any ideas on how to do this?

For some reason the thumbnails in graswald wont load up in 2.8 any clues?

Two systems: one shaded white & other standard…

You could change the color/brightness to white in the materials tab, but you’d need another way to mask everything out. Using textures instead of colors is on our wishlist, but it will take some more time. For now, you could maybe paint a mask/texture and use it with the object info node. I explained it here: https://youtu.be/wlE2EqrKVII?t=3368

1 Like

Is there some tutorial to create own packs like rocks , leaves, other debris, other vegetation?
Thanks in advance.

Please help me with this too.
This time is a scene where I can see in the viewport the grass I created and surprisingly it can’t be rendered in the viewport in rendered mode nor in a separated vindow as a final render.
I can see in the outliner a Grasswald’s collection in grey and I don’t know if this is related to this my issue.

the settings inside Grasswald :

And the Grasswald version installed in the preferences menu:

The thing in the outliner is fine. Would you be able to pm me a blend so I can take a closer look?

1 Like

We will make one soon for the new package creator

1 Like

Another question: is Grasswald ready to be used with the newst Blender version 2.81?.
Thanks in advance.

I had a quick look at this and it might just be what I need it for.

By the way, this is for a ZDF production :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Please let me know when it’s ready, I’d love to see how it looks (esp. since it’s for national television :blush: :blush:)

Hi,

I was wondering if graswald will be in the black Friday/ cyber Monday sale?
asking for a friend :wink:

1 Like

It is! Get it at Gumroad and the Blender Market :smiley:

Great, thanks!