Graswald - News and Work in Progress

Hi, I have 1.3.3 Pro, and have been adding my own packages, works great so far. I really like the proxy system.
How do you go about adding your own proxies please? Is this possible?

Will graswald be getting this feature in future with the new geo nodes?

https://youtu.be/7J-bpAvImfs

Hi, I cant see the ‘optimisation section’ in the n-panel. I want to see the grass in the viewport not the blocky geometry. Using the latest addon. Advice would be appreciated.

Hey guys, is there a way to animate the global scale in grasswald?
I wanted to make a simple growth animation but I can’t seem to set a key on it, or even drivers, I know I can achieve something similar through animating each individual particle, but I was wondering if there is another way to do it all in one go?

Does anybody know how to get in contact with the Graswald people to get a question answered…They are not responding to support emails, or this site.

Hey folks, I’m so sorry for this current situation. We were having quite some support problems over the last few years and never managed to find an adequate system to really provide good support.

Because of this, we are currently working hard on implementing so called ‘hands on support’, a system, where every team member will take turns providing support.

We are trying to get this ready within the next two weeks, but as we are working hard on that, it can happen that some support questions get lost in the process and it may take us a lot longer to answer your questions than usual. I apologize for that.

We are planning on testing the new system after the easter break next week and hope that our support will be a lot better after that! Again, I’m really sorry for this, but the reason for our lack of support ironically is that we are trying to make it way better!

@vfxnder @Gregg_Hartley @Arle

@IvanB I don’t think adding your own proxies is currently supported as the proxy feature was added way after the package creator. However, we are currently working on a new feature that will make it a lot easier to add your own assets so stay tuned :wink:

2 Likes

I think I’m having a similar issue using the latest version of Graswald Pro. In my Blender scene there is a plane with a few clumps of Creeping Bentgrass. The plane rotates 360 degrees on the z axis, but the individual clumps rotate on what appear to be individual axis and a few clumps seem to glitch too. The rotating plane is the only intended movement. There are no simulations. When I rendered out, the grass glitches as it does in the viewport. I tried baking the animation but the problems are still there. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thanks for any insight.

Thanks for the reply Julius :+1:

I bought Graswald pro yesterday and it’s not working on Blender 2.93. I managed to install on 2.92 and it’s working perfectly. Does it support 2.93?

Hello. I am having an animation issue with the latest Graswald Pro. In my Blender scene there is a plane with a few clumps of Creeping Bentgrass. The particle system of the grass exists on the plane. The plane rotates 360 degrees on the z axis, which is the only intended movement. But the individual clumps rotate on what appear to be individual z axis and a few clumps seem to glitch too. There are no simulations. When I render out, the grass glitches as it does in the viewport. I tried baking the animation but the problems are still there. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thanks for any insight.

No, it currently only works with 2.92.

@elliemacqueen Could you maybe provide a video of the issue and a blend file via email to [email protected]? That way we can help you a lot easier!

Thanks for getting back to me. Someone from support got in contact via Discord and we are working on it.